UFO Defense Executable "cheat sheet"

Zombie

It's been a long time in the making, but I figured with the new site release that I'd give everyone something to look at in our Files Section: my copy of the known offsets in the Collector's Edition executable. You can find (and download) it HERE. It's not quite as polished as I'd like, but it still should be useful to anyone who wishes to mod the executable. :)

In the future I plan on releasing the same type of sheet for the specific DOS versions out there as well, though this may take a little while as there are 4 of them to contend with instead of one. ;)

- Zombie

It's been a long time in the making, but I figured with the new site release that I'd give everyone something to look at in our Files Section: my copy of the known offsets in the Collector's Edition executable. You can find (and download) it HERE. It's not quite as polished as I'd like, but it still should be useful to anyone who wishes to mod the executable. :)

In the future I plan on releasing the same type of sheet for the specific DOS versions out there as well, though this may take a little while as there are 4 of them to contend with instead of one. ;)

- Zombie

What hex editor do you suggest? Also, doesn't using xcomutil jack up all the offsets?

Disregard, I forgot that it does break it all out. Some of it is out in Tactical.exe and other places. Tremendous work, this will make working on mods so much easier now.

• 5 months later...

This is excelent!

Well done that man! :D

I have already used this spreadsheet to put Autofire on my tanks and up the cost of setting up bases in Areas. (The latter just a way of making the game a little bit harder)

If you figure out anymore then please let me know.

P.S, Does anyone know how to edit the Research tree? I was hoping to add something to it.

Thanks again, Zombie!

Gizamaluke.

Just a quick question,

I was just wondering if you knew how to edit the research tree in the executable. I have been looking at your cheat sheet in the research section but it only seems to deal with what research is allowed when you have an item in stores. I am confused as to its structure and would appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance,

Gizamaluke

Hi Giz, the research tab in my spreadsheet is actually the initial RESEARCH.DAT file which is used by the game for the first time. As for the actual research "tree", it's found in the executable and I think the Seb has found the location for it. I'll need to send him a message asking where it is and then to do a little testing on it myself. :D

- Zombie