Site Re-Launch

Pete

Our website has been completely overhauled and we're proud to show off the new-look StrategyCore!

scnewgc.jpg scnewart.jpg scnewshop.jpg

We've built a completely new Articles section to organise the huge number of articles we've written over the years, which allows you to search by type or date. All articles (except some of the much older ones) now also have an integrated "Latest Comments" section at the bottom of the page where you can read people's reactions and join in with your own thoughts.

The new Databank section has entries for every game we've ever written content for - whether it's a game we've reviewed from E3 or one of our core games with dozens of pages. There's also a section for game series' and a much better laid out Projects section.

We've endeavoured to make navigating the site and finding the content you're intersted in as simple as possible, so the same menu you see when viewing a Game Card in the Databank is present when you go off to view that game's articles in the Articles section. There's also a search option throughout the site pages at the top-right of the page that you can use to find what you're looking for.

To round it all off, we've integrated data from GamersGate so that if you're reading an article or viewing a Game Card, there's an option (complete with pricing in dollars) to purchase that game, with a complete list of games that we cover for download via GamersGate on our Shop page.

Please feel free to browse around the new site, but watch out for the inevitable few glitches here and there - if you do spot anything that doesn't look right, please let us know.

We're already working on the matching forum theme to more tightly integrate the two systems, and have other goodies planned over the coming months. You can stay up-to-date with these changes as well as any articles we release by subscribing to our newsletter.

Just a quick note - I'm aware that the site currently looks pretty awful in Internet Explorer 6.

This is something I will get around to fixing, however I'd like to point out that if you're still using IE6 then your system is very much open to all sorts of nastiness in the form of hacks and other exploits and I strongly recommend upgrading to IE8, or even a better browser such as Firefox, Opera or Chrome.

IE6 is now eight years old - please stop using it and help make the web a prettier place ;)

Just a quick note - I'm aware that the site currently looks pretty awful in Internet Explorer 6.

This is something I will get around to fixing, however I'd like to point out that if you're still using IE6 then your system is very much open to all sorts of nastiness in the form of hacks and other exploits and I strongly recommend upgrading to IE8, or even a better browser such as Firefox, Opera or Chrome.

IE6 is now eight years old - please stop using it and help make the web a prettier place ;)

The questions is though, can people who use IE6 read?

BTW, I don't think I noted them, but if Zombie agrees with it maybe we could upload the photos of his collection? it's something very interesting to see :)

The pics should be up on the relevant game-specific site pages, though some of the pages don't contain the most recent version with scans of the materials/literature which came with the game. Pete's been made aware of this, and luckily our old site (and pages) have been archived, so getting them back to their former "glory" shouldn't take too long. ;)

- Zombie

Guest Guest
Hi, I'm a long time lurker and would like to say, that the new layout is really, really good. Thank you for running a great site and keep up the good work :-)

Cheers for the kind words everyone, it's good to see so many positive comments!

I've not done a 24 hour session on a website over one weekend before and hope never to do so ever again ;)

Mr Lurker - please feel free to register and join in on the forums if it takes your fancy :) As mentioned, we're re-launching the newsletter soon too and I found 5 minutes to set up a Twitter account over the weekend if that's easier for anyone to keep track of our updates.

Lots of ways to stay informed.