Making Psi Tougher

Yxklyx

I'm having good luck with a Psi mod I made using xcomutil. Basically, I found that it was too easy to play the game with Psi soldiers (on Genius). Once you get skill in the 50s and strength at least ~85 your men become uber-psi soldiers controlling aliens with ease - and I wasn't really concentrating on getting them up very high in skill. In the final mission I was controlling the Ethereals easily and it was a cakewalk. What I did was double the strength of all aliens (even beyond 100, it seems that the game allows that) and halve their skill (per the formula that should mean that their chance of controlling your men stays the same). I'm testing this in TFTD and it's working very well - the missions are more challenging. Controlling a Lobsterman is not automatic but the option is still there.

The Psi Strength variable has a limit of 255 so you could technically crank it up that high without many problems. However, the game calculates skill level stats from the core values found in the executable, so as the difficulty level increases, so do stats. Having a value of 255 in for core psi strength would probably wrap the number back around to a lower value when the game calculates the skill level stats. Best to keep the core psi numbers around 200 just to be safe. :laugh:

- Zombie