is it possible to remove weaopns from aftermath

hambo

Just about to start aftermath again for 2nd time and for me, the game was near perefect until the collapsable machine guns and reticulan rocket launchers became available.

Can it be modded to remove these. I tried something myself but it caused the game to crash on loading..

cheers

It is possible, but it can be more complex than adding stuff as you have to change files like alien equipment loadouts, research topics, etc... so they don't reference these weapons nor their ammo (if applicable)

Could you elaborate a bit more on what you wan't to do?

yes, i just wanted to remove some of the more powerfull weapons in the game such as the reticual launcher and the collapsable MG's. In my oppinion the whole game changed at this point when these weapons started to appear. I liked the close combat feel of the game before this. Once these heavy weapons start to appear the sstrategy and tactics start to go out of the window a bit when you can just deploy a heavy MG and gun everything down from distance. Also sometimes the reticulans give you no chance when they are all armed with launchers and let you have it from the mission start!

cheers

Hambo

In that case, rather than actually removing them I would recommend changing the data files in such a way that the item in question would be "disabled".

For human non-manufacturable items I suggest changing their ORIGIN field to something other than Human or changing the tech-level to a high-enough value so the player can't reach it.

The other problem is alien equipment loadouts, you need to edit them so they use some other weapon instead of the ones you want to remove.

Once I gathered enough info I'll make another reply