"special mission"? "surprise attack"?.... er... help?

kite.san

I"m not very far into the game, i've had the Expedition just arrive (and ironically, enver fire a shot, i didn't get to even see the map between them arriving and communication opening. since i was already at war with the Reticulans they jsut went straight to peace), and after a couple more missions, i had Mr. "Commander in chief" pop up with "We can make a surprise attack on the enemy" as his voice statement, and the text of "there is a special mission on the map", but no button in the tab like normal... and i can't find anythign to tell me what this means. has anyone else had this happen? is this one of the 'radar missions' i've seen mentioned in other threads? (if so, how do i use one of those?)

thanks in advance.

These missions are usually related to the gates the Beast Men use to reach mars and a couple of other late game missions.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'radar missions'. Could you point to one of those threads that talk about these? So far I can only think of a defense mission done at a build radar station, but they aren't any different than other missions except for the map used.

https://www.strategycore.co.uk/forums/index...l=radar+mission

is where i saw radar missions mentioned, and didn't know what they meant.

as far as the beastmen gates, i've usually just had them shjow up as regular missions, with the 'go to event' button aavailable, this mission didn't have that in it's announcement.

it's the 'surprise attack' thing that's got me mostly confused, it doesn't sound liek the sort of thing one owudl want to let slide.

Ah, the mission described there is a defense mission that usually triggers when you try to build/upgrade a mine or radar station in a territory adjacent to a hostile faction as they'll attack the construction site. Nothing to do with the surprise attacks.

nope, that's why i was so eager to come ask for help here, the event log goes straight from the "new item produced" that happened before the mission notification, to the "new installation constructed" that came after (and there's no mission in any of the territories surrounding the one where the installation was built, as it was a terriforming station deep inside my territory)

i'm thinking it might be a compounding of whatever glitch led the Expedition ot arrive and make peace immediately, especially since i got lucky and they landed on a no-use territory that i'd ignored, but taken everything surrounding it save one. i can picture new factions being unhappy about spawning landlocked.

• 1 month later...