game freeze

mcsiaw

currently i m runnin v1.5. my game freeze after half an hour game play. the music keep playing, the cursor can move around, but when i click at any tab, there is no respond. when i ctrl+alt+del, it show that the game is 'not responding'. is this a bug?

Yes, but it's not time based. If you click on empty space in the planetary view when you have no vehicle outside the base the game will go into a loop trying to find one to center on, giving the impression it has hanged. This can also be triggered from the overview screen if you try to click on a territory and the area you've click would match empty space of the globe view. This bug has appeared only in the 1.5 version of the game as the new vehicle centering feature was added.

Basically, for the time being, be carefull when clicking in the globe view screen as the game will stop responding to other user commands and your only option to close the program is through the task manager and in some cases a full reset of the machine.

Yes, but it's not time based. If you click on empty space in the planetary view when you have no vehicle outside the base the game will go into a loop trying to find one to center on, giving the impression it has hanged. This can also be triggered from the overview screen if you try to click on a territory and the area you've click would match empty space of the globe view. This bug has appeared only in the 1.5 version of the game as the new vehicle centering feature was added.

Basically, for the time being, be carefull when clicking in the globe view screen as the game will stop responding to other user commands and your only option to close the program is through the task manager and in some cases a full reset of the machine.

4 ur info, is not only the global view. sometime during the tactical gaming it will freeze also. it may freeze at any time after 30 minute gameplay. really frust. hope there will be a patch to fix tis.

ya.... i recall such freeze did not happen be4 i had the 1.5 patch installed

As I mentioned in an earlier post,and as Kret says,the main crash appears to be with the overview screen.Always make sure a vehicle is out of base before you consult any info in the overview screen,primarily when double clicking a territory's name.Personally,I have not had a crash in the tactical screen...yet.

Finally,a v1.6 patch should address this,and one or two memory problems too (speed,loading times ect),and I expect the developers are at the very least considering one soon.

All in all,good game,better than its predeccessors depth wise and tactically.

As I mentioned in an earlier post,and as Kret says,the main crash appears to be with the overview screen.Always make sure a vehicle is out of base before you consult any info in the overview screen,primarily when double clicking a territory's name.Personally,I have not had a crash in the tactical screen...yet.

Finally,a v1.6 patch should address this,and one or two memory problems too (speed,loading times ect),and I expect the developers are at the very least considering one soon.

All in all,good game,better than its predeccessors depth wise and tactically.

probably a different bug? i never had any freeze with the overview screen n when double clicking a territory name yet.

the vehicle u mentioned is : scientific? technical? or ufo? my scientific n technical truck is out there always. therefore, should be a new bug. hope tat a v1.6 come out asap!