world community grid

chocolatemouse

World community grid is a system using personnal computers for helping research on diseases ( some of them uncommon and not interesting then medical corporations) by sharing some of computing time of the pc.

Perhaps a strategycore team could be created here?

https://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/index.jsp

This is a free collective project which only goal to help scientifics to cure diseases by profiding them small computing time. The client software adapt it works on how the pc is using, then most of the time when the pc is used on heavy tasks the client will stay iddle, working only when some cpu is free for other works.

Nose kiss

Ah, another take on the same system SETI uses. A quick skim of the topic title made me think it was going to be about about our respective world coordinates, with GPS probably featuring in there somewhere! (:

Unfortunately I have nothing to add to this discussion - so I'll take me leave.

- NKF

Dude. Supreme Commander. The first Vista-ready, DX10'd, quad-core'd, dual-monitor'd game. You need at least a dual-core to be able to play it decently.

Your idle minutes can run circles around single-core PCs.

Sadly i can run SupCom only with smaller maps and 4 players maximum. And only because i keep my system and software clean and up-to-date. If i try to play bigger maps and/or use more than 4 players it turns into a slide-show (: Same for Oblivion, albeit there exists a small mod that boosts the performance of Oblivion enormously. IIRC it empties all unused buffers every 30 seconds or something like that. Thanks to this i can play Oblivion in an acceptable manner. Albeit ending the game does take waaaaay longer now.

My PC specs: AMD 3000+, 1 GB RAM, 128MB Geforce 6600, XP Home SP2