Really loving it so far.

Jh316

There's been a few minor complaints, sure. But the game is extremely moddable. It's barely been out a week and already there's full makeovers for the game. There's even already a mod that replaces the geoscape with a map of the Earth, and ones that make it so your soldiers can permanently die and allow hiring of new soldiers, mods that make it so that you spend APs when moving stuff around in the inventory, mods to add hotkeys, and stuff like that.

I really, really love the tech tree. I was expecting it to be closer to X-Com's, and for the first part of the game it followed X-Com's really closely, throwing in some TFTD-style corpse research to unlock a few techs as well. But I read around on some forums, and it turned out finishing plasma tech meant I was only about 20% done with the tech tree. (: Having to capture lots and lots of commanders is a bit anoying, though. It takes lots of them to advance the research.

I miss my Skyrangers, though. The starting craft only has 8 unit slots, and a tank still takes up 4. Even the second-generation craft only has 10.

I'd like to see a better application of psi, though. So far, the only psi I've seen used paralyzes you for a turn once it eats through your bravery bar. I'm hoping there's stuff later on that has proper psi.