No Transfer Possible!?

gogoland2002

hi there,

have another problem w/ my game. just wanted to transfer some elerium from 1st to 2nd base and everything worked out fine - i thought!

the transfer-window works just fine, i get the message with the transfer-costs and send it on its way. the money is substracted from my savings. but on the transfer-information screen of base2 there is nothing! in fact, the stuff totally vanished from the game, since it's not on the transfer-info-screen of any of the other bases either!

nevertheless, after i think i lost the elerium for good, it reaches base1 [from where it started] out of nowhere, after exactly the time it would have taken to reach base2! :bleh:

i have tried this with another old savegame, same result. i even edited a completely new game so that i could try it on january 1st before anything else happened - same result. so this seems to be a problem w/ the game-files?!

i'm using ufo eu v1.4 dos (updated from v1.0) & in dos-box v0.65 & xcomutil v9.60, but have tried it w/o xcomutil, too. always the same problem?! same thing when using the unpatched v1.0 version of the game.

thanks for your time!

greetz,

gogoland2002

well,

obviously no one seems to know anything about this problem. meanwhile i found out, i can transfer from any base to 1st, 3rd, 5th and 7th base, but cannot transfer to 2nd, 4th, 6th and 8th base. all the stuff transferred to them goes to base 1. so what i do is use an editor for my savegames on every 1st of the month to move stuff from and to bases 2-4-6-8.

Only thing that really bothers me is not being able to transfer soldiers that way. Hence my question:

Does any of you guys know if there's a byte in the SOLDIERS.DAT where i can change the base a soldier is stationed?

Or maybe there's an editor that can do this?

Thank you for your time;

greetz,

gogoland2002

Only thing that really bothers me is not being able to transfer soldiers that way. Hence my question:

Does any of you guys know if there's a byte in the SOLDIERS.DAT where i can change the base a soldier is stationed?

Or maybe there's an editor that can do this?

Soldier.dat[02] is the byte you are looking to change. For more information on this file, check out the X-COM Wiki's SOLDIER.DAT page. :bleh:

- Zombie