power leveling scientists

duezeone

So, I recently figured out a way to get your scientists lots of XP doing missions. Have a reticulan use the psi weapon on stun damage and have your medic (scientist) heal your own guy over and over. Do not use other weapons because they will cause the bar to go black which means he will spend lots of time in the hospital after the mission. I am not sure if you get XP for healing the enemy, so I have not attempted it yet. Your scientists get XP for healing - the more damage you heal = more sci xp you get. It's going to take a about 10 minutes to get a lot of XP though. One game I did 16 heals for around 2k dmg (stun does approximately 80 dmg/hit) and I got around 280 XP, which is pretty decent for sci XP and it didn't take that long. If you turn some of the settings off (ie, pausing after your teammates are attacked because it will pause a lot if you are stunning your own guy) it will go much faster. Your reticulan soldier won't get any XP though if you stun your own guy because he is attacking a friendly.

I am not that far in the game, but I am sure there are ways to get your techs XP too. It's best to do this on the missions where you have to kill all enemies; that way you can chose what guy you want to live rather than being stuck against a strong level enemy.