Can anyone help ?

philip_keary

Could somebody please send me a texture in .Tga format from the original game ?

I cannot get my MMP to TGA conveter to work and when i create one from scratch it doesnt seem to work. If some body could please send me an original one from the game i could edit that and use it as a template.

My e mail is p(dot)keary(at)ntlworld)dot)com

I would be really greatful. :)

Many Thanks

Phil

I got a custom "cool toilet's wall" texture. I've made long time ago it and it works...

- 64 x 128 pixels (size)

- 72 pixel/inch (resolution)

- RGB color (mode)

- 32 bit/pixel (resolution)

--> KWall.zip

PS: Pls, chance your adress in your post to p(SPOT)keary(AT)ntlword(SPOT)com ...

... Net is "full of" evit bots looking for mail addresses... Yea, I'm a p-p-paranoid. :)

I dont know what the hell is going on. I placed that file in the

\source\textures folder.

Went into my textures tab, created a new item. Linked the screen name to the source directory and hit export. But yet again the height and width didnt adjust and remained at 0 ??

Again i ceated a new item in the Materials tab. Linked the texture ID as normal. then it brought it up in the main box (never has before). But as you can see its totally different to the texture you sent me.

What tyhe heck am i doing wrong ?

SEE PIC :)

PS i also just tried it with a different texture and it did the same. so that black & white colour must appear when there is an error i guess. This is so frustrating becuase iv got loads of spare time on my hand right now and lots of great idea for my mod.

post-5396-1169770212_thumb.jpg

This is odd, very odd, indeed. Black&white spots means there was an error when export should be happened. I'm confused about this because it really should work with proper made TGA-file and properties. Let's check out that "everything" is in order...

1. Do you have updated your S2's editor (important!) and S2 game (not very important)?

2. Do you have proper tools and source dirs in view>preferences>tools/source?

3. Do you get "1 texture exported" pop-up window after you click export?

4. Do your mod's database name include spaces or symbols (like "Phil's Mod" or smthg)?

This is odd, very odd, indeed. Black&white spots means there was an error when export should be happened. I'm confused about this because it really should work with proper made TGA-file and properties. Let's check out that "everything" is in order...

1. Do you have updated your S2's editor (important!) and S2 game (not very important)?

Hmmm im running game version 1.2 but i dont think i have upgraded the editor, i didnt know that was necessary. If so how do i do it ?

2. Do you have proper tools and source dirs in view>preferences>tools/source?

Sorry could you explain this a little more, i dont understand ?

3. Do you get "1 texture exported" pop-up window after you click export?

Yes

4. Do your mod's database name include spaces or symbols (like "Phil's Mod" or smthg)?

No

Hmmm im running game version 1.2 but i dont think i have upgraded the editor, i didnt know that was necessary. If so how do i do it ?
If you have the Goldpack (2 games, S2 and Sentinels addon) which I don't, then I dunno do you must update. You may try but it may be harmful or unneccessary. BUT if you have the orginal S2 (one game, two CDs), then you MUST update. It fixes lot of bugs. Download it from the files section and install it (there may be instructions, shutdown SQL-server before install).

Sorry could you explain this a little more, i dont understand ?
I think you got them correctly if you see "1 texture exported" pop-up...