Being Aggressive

Ness

OK, so I haven't been doing any "help me" missions so much, just trying to get my troopers trained up and equiped. I did well enough, beat the Wargot attack with five troopers in Med Armour, Modded XM8's and the like.

Now I'm going to go on the offensive but I wanted to secure all of Europe before moving through Africa, and looping into Russia etc.

However there are "friendly" territories I am going to assault, and before I do so tomorrow I thought I'd ask if there are far reaching consequences or will I be able to bribe them back just fine later?

You will be able to bribe them back, but it will be expensive. While they hate you, you will not be able to get soldiers and resources from them.

The three friendly factions are well armed, so you will find it difficult to take their provinces by force. I would suggest that you keep generating missions on the territories you want and disregard any missions that involve attacking one of the three friendly factions. Sooner or later, those provinces will join your commonwealth.

Or you could wait until they ask for help in addition to generating missions at the friendly province. It's far better the wait until they'll gladly hand the area over to you than waste precious resources on PR that could better be invested elsewhere.

If the missions you generate aren't favourable, don't fret about it. Just move on and capture the rest of the provinces.

- NKF

I agree with Troll,the 3 factions are well armed and difficult to invade.However,with decent body armour and Assault rifles (and some tactical knowledge) you should'nt have TOO much difficulty against them.Ambushes work well,as does concentrated fire against a single target as opposed to thinning your fire against the WHOLE target.A good sniper is always important too.

Speed Aggression Surprise! The SAS way! :)

If you find they are constantly putting up a stubborn resistance against you simply invade another province and another,they will soon surrender in the end and their disposition towards you will slowly change for the better.

Diplomacy is for the weak of heart! wage war instead! :)