Sniper Trouble 'How do I target body parts?'

IcefireNeon

Hi there.

So I have a frosty new - level 3 - sniper with the long awaited ability to target (vaporise) individual body parts.

So I'm out in the field, finger twitching on the trigger and........

hmmmm..... how do I... do this?

I'm using the Weapon Rebalance Mod by Shadow Warrior (slightly older version of it, not latest).

My sniper "Butcher" is using the Barret sniper rifle.

Is there something I need to click or something to activate the bodypart targetting mode?

Looking at Wargot power armour and it is ticking me off.

I-Neon

Welcome to Strategycore, IcefireNeon :D

I think targeting body parts can only be done if the sniper is using aimed mode and not snapshot mode. Also, it only works on some enemies; humanoid enemies in the unmodded game - I'm not sure if this was changed in the weapon rebalance mod.

Order your sniper to target an enemy in the standard way. If it is possible for the sniper to target individual body parts, a small screen pops up allowing you to select an individul body part if you want.

The head is usually the best individual body part to target because a successful headshot is ALWAYS a critical hit.

In the plain vanilla game, in general you can target anything that has got a head. Although I get this funny feeling that I was able to bring up the targeting screen for an SG Cloud at one time... Wargots, reticulans and cultists alike should let you use headshots, with the exception of the Wargot scout.

Come to think of it, is there any purpose to the arm or leg shots? To me they've not really felt any better than an untargeted shot to the chest. It did not seem to stop the enemy from attacking less or move slower - not that I like to let my enemies run off or get into situations where the enemies are chasing me, mind.

- NKF

I think the arm and leg shots are tied in with when you just want to disable an enemy instead of killing him outright.

You can target the body parts of starghost clouds, and this is supposed to happen for reasons that become clear if you manage to capture one.

I always take a psionic with a laser sniper rifle on starghost missions. Laser sniper rifles are the only sniper rifles that are effective against starghost clouds, and a psionic can detect starghost clouds across an impressively large distance.

Thanks for the info Accounting Troll.

Yeah I might try different sniper rifles and see if it makes a difference too.

I can see good sadistic value in targetting the leg of an enemy guys. Though the foot or toe might be better. Some big-talking cultist who is now all alone and panicky, as your men sit around playing scissor-paper-rock for who'se gonna take him out.

I think shots to the leg in this situation should be considered.

:D

Thanks again guys

I.N