I'm stuck

Kirill

I started a new game (first in super-human), though of an usual techbuild (Lasers-Armor-PowerArmor-Plasma). First mission, Sectoid Medium Scout(took it out easy), 2nd mission, Terror Site. Started sending Interceptors in order to play it during the daylight. SkyRanger equiped with 1 Rocket Launcher(4 HE Missiles), 4 Laser Rifles and 6 Laser Pistols (All i had produced), 10 granades and a HWP Cannon. Save mission. Started the mission and lost in 4 turns. Reload. Lost in 5 turns. Reload. Lost in 3!! turns (Alien granade tossed in mi SkyRanger door :( )

When i mean lost is when i get killed 6 soldiers or more and managed to kill less than 5 aliens. Reload. This started good, I managed to clean the LZ, started moving out, when a dud HE missile aimed shot hits a friend unit, killing 4 brand new soldiers. 2 CyberDisk plus panic & berserk finished the slaughter. Reload reload reload.

I need help!! Or a VERY HOT LZ or MC+Panic attacks or both of them!!! Need tips on how to clean HOT LZ and the best tactics for early MC

For early MC defence, identify your problem soldiers. Disarm them or give them minimal armament (pistols/rifles, medikits, stun rods, flares, etc). And be sure to keep that tank alive. The aliens don't make any attempt to mind control it, so it'll be your most stable unit on the field. When you get home, promptly replace the soldiers that were mind controlled during the mission. Don't forget to take off their armour first.

As for clearing the hot LZ -- can you afford to spend a few turns in the Skyranger without disembarking? If you can, then continue to clear out any aliens you can see at from the rear of your ship, but don't disembark. If you have heavy explosives (ala rockets and high-explosives), you may want to drop them near the ramp to clear out any aliens that've crept up to it (you can throw grenades over HWPs, but you might need to experiment a bit). A motion scanner helps a lot in this respect.

When you actually disembark, saturate the base of the ramp with smoke. Smoke grendes (you'll need to wait a turn) and standard explosives(you have rockets, right?) can do this for you. While smoke is a double edged sword and can work against you, it can save you from being spotted immediately.

- NKF