Cheap tactic

I just loaded up an old save of TFTD, Once I did a mission and saw how i did it I laughed.

Soo cheap, i won a dreadnought attack without being shot at.

I had 4 of my psi troops train and train and train.

Evetually they got so good they just sat in the ship all mission, I'd send out 1 troop to lok for an alien, spot him, MC him, look for more, use up his TU's hopefully killing some, rinse and repeat till my psi troops had no TU's left.

SO then I'd send my best 3 troops out, get them to the top of the map and since they were so good, they'd spot an alien halfway across the map, 4 stories up, snap shot, accuracy 120% :thinking: Thats right, they never missed, my record was killing an aquatoid over 8 screens.

the trick to getting your troopers that good is to develop MC first, send a single scout out, an unarmoured, unequipped rookie is fine, mag ion armour helps so they can fly.

MC everyone you see, and walk them into your ship, or as i liked to call it the abbotoir in front of my people, drop their weapons and shoot them point blank.its alkso very convenient if you need to abort, as everything is just there.

The soldier that was in front, Klaus Brehme, 400 something kills, 120% accuracy with a sonic cannon snap shot in the air one handed.

This is a great tactic for EU. However, for TFTD things are a bit different - especially if you like to reaction train like I do. See, you can force an alien to drop (actually throw) its weapons away. Unfortunately, you do not have access to the alien inventory screen anymore so getting rid of that Sonic Pulser becomes a bit of a problem. The only way I know of is to stun the alien, move the body 1 tile away, revive it, then go ahead and put it in the shooting gallery for some clean "fun". Training for FA is rather easy since any hit registers to your FA experience counter. :thinking:

- Zombie