Problem to start XCom Apoc

ABuster

Hi. I try to start the game, but nothing happens. I have Windows XP and my Emulator is DOSBox 0.65. I tried to follow the Steps from https://www.xcomufo.com/forums//index.php?act=ST&f=26&t=841 (at least Step 3 and Step 4, coz i have a full package... sound doesnt matter to me, i want to run my music - and the music scares me). Well if I try to start Apoc.bat in my Emulator it says:

---

Illegal command: dosdrv

MOUSE2KV.1

Win2k/NTVDM/VESA/Mouse utility by Peter Maceluch

Designed to address the issues with mouse cursor being unable to reach whole screen in some DOS programs in Win2k

special thanks to bla bla bla.

----

any ideas how i can fix this and run Apoc?

thank you guys :thinking:

Run setup.exe and turn all sound options off, then give it another go.

If it does the same thing, what does it do next? Return to the command prompt, or does it lock up?

Also, could you let us know what you see when you run this command?:

type apoc.bat

Edit:

Oh, the post you linked already details what's in apoc.bat... Never mind the "type" command.

Though perhaps you could remove the word "skip" from that batch file? Right click on it and select "Edit" to open it up in Notepad again.

Edit 2:

Hang on! You don't want to be using DosBox at all for this! I mean, sure you should be able to get it to work, but it'll work a lot faster without it! You double click the apoc.bat file in Windows to run it, don't use DosBox.

okayyyy .. well to doubleclick apoc.bat looked much more hopefull than in DosBOX, but its not starting too..

well, when I started, the doswindow is closing after 1 second.. i had to made a screenshot to read the content

here it is -> https://www.intanet.at/screenapoc1.jpg

i dont know the problem :/

I tried to start it with VDMS, the difference in the message is, that VDDLouder is already loaded and i shall unload it.. it seems i dont need VDMS

I also tried to turn off "every" soundoption, but the only thing i can do in setup.exe is to doubleklick [No Sound] ... i dunno :/

If you click your Start Menu, then select run, type in the command "cmd" and hit enter. You'll get the built in command line, best to try and run the game from there until you get it working.

(If you're unused to Dos commands, "d:" will change to your D drive, and you can change to the game directory from there by typing "cd\downloads\x-com").

Anyway, try reading through this thread and see if you find anything helpful there.

Now you're starting to lose me. "Doesn't get over the Dos"?

I'm assuming you're using the Windows Command line to run it now, are you still getting the same messages on the screen? What happens when you run xcomapoc.exe directly?