XCom 6 : Updates thread

The Veteran

Guess who's back ;)

Hi MC, you're right it's been far too long without any updates in here so I'm going to have a go at rectifying that situation! Of course this has nothing to do with an official remake and who owns what rights but that's never been what this thread was about because we don't really care about that! Fact is they aren't making a new game but who knows, maybe if we make a good enough show of this game they may want to steal it and release it for us!!!

Back to the matter in hand though... I've been away for a very long time (again) and Colonisation has ground to a halt (again) but I've always been really excited about the prospect of another true X-Com game (not frigging Aftermath either!) and as long as I continue to feel that way I'm going to keep sticking my head in here and trying to rally the troops!

Fairly obviously there has been absolutely no progress on this game whatsoever in the last few years or this topic would be flooded with it but we still have all of the work we've already completed and although it's a long way off being truly playable it's a good start and we're moving in the right direction.

What I think is essential and what I really want to achieve over the next few weeks is the return of a few key team members to get this ball rolling again. Bulma (Ivan) and Alan have dedicated a hell of a lot of their time and skill to this project already and I can't imagine it continuing without them so guess what my first goal is?

As far as I can tell from a quick internet search none of our old websites seem to be active anymore which is a little disheartening but it's a good clean slate to start from all over again! I do have some positive news as well in the guise of some fresh meat that may be interested in joining the good cause but I would rather have a little something more to show them before they're approached and at least the programmer and head artist back in the game!

A search on wikipedia has just brought forth the revelation that we're not even linked from the X-Com page anymore so I guess the server is gone but I'm going to dig some more for our old websites and try to get back in touch with the boys for now. Can't do anything alone after all!

Until then please people come back in here and talk to me about this, especially if you think you could be a part of the team! We were always short of 3D artists and neither Alan or Ivan can do their jobs without some help so more programmers and 2D artists would be brilliant too!

Missed you Tam x

• 3 months later...

Howdy folks just going to make quick use of the updates thread to say I'm not going to be here this weekend due to family matters but will be back on sunday! Keep going with the feedback and I'll try to catch up once I get back but this isn't the only thing I'm going to fall behind on while I'm away so sorry if it takes me a while to get back to it!!!

Have a good weekend all!

• 9 months later...

I see movement here, but all the links to active project pages are a no-go. How are things progressing? What is the current participation and project management strategy (i.e. code, demos, screens etc)?

I'd like to get involved again. Can we get a general status update with links to active project management location and make it a sticky so it's the first thing we see under the status thread.

I think the codeplex offering is cool.. Let's get it going again. Either that, or try something like unfuddle. It doesn't support multiple workspaces but it has SVN or GIT repository support for a single project and it has integrated task management.

If I could work branches in TFS I'd go with that all the way.