The Phantom Aircraft

kai

I've found a strange problem with UFO (and xcomutil), I have a base which I use for Radar coverage (South America), it has a hanger for future upgrades. Because there was an increase in alien activity in that region, I decided to buy a new interceptor aircraft. Problem - no free hangers. I checked the base information and it reported that the hanger was in use. Base stores show that there is nothing at the base, the aircraft arming screen also shows that there are no aircraft. And of course I can't remove the hanger - module in use.

Has anybody come across this before?

• 5 months later...
I've found a strange problem with UFO (and xcomutil), I have a base which I use for Radar coverage (South America), it has a hanger for future upgrades. Because there was an increase in alien activity in that region, I decided to buy a new interceptor aircraft. Problem - no free hangers. I checked the base information and it reported that the hanger was in use. Base stores show that there is nothing at the base, the aircraft arming screen also shows that there are no aircraft. And of course I can't remove the hanger - module in use.

Has anybody come across this before?

I have come across that problem, but I never figured out what to do. Sorry can't help anymore than that. Besides you probably forgot all about this post. :D

I'd like to know how this happens. If either of you can remember exactly what you did to cause this, we could probably figure out what's happening. Or if you've still got the savegames, we'll get the hammers and chisels. And even if we can't figure it out - well, we'll have a blast not figuring it out. :D

How about building another hangar? Are there any ships in transit (probably not likely, but have a look anyway)? It's possible that the game thinks that there's a ship in transit when there isn't one, so it's reserving the empty hangar indefinitely.

- NKF

The only possible option that I can think of is that there is an already purchased aircraft at the base and delivery is pending. Anoher option is that an aircraft is being manufactured there. Been quite some time since I played so I don't recall well these issues.