Lobsterman Commander

deant

Im Looking for the commander so I can research the Final ship and the L'eth but can't seem to get hold of 1. Im in November 2040 and the Lobsters have just started to attack in dreadnoughts but i cant locate the commander. I have Technicians, Navigators and squad leaders but no commanders.

Do I have to completely clear a base to aquire the commander?????

Commanders are usually found inside the control room on level 0. Be careful - you can destroy the Synonium device from above but to capture a commander you will have to enter the room which is a death trap. They are usually Lobstermen too.

It is probably easier to capture one from a Dreadnought.

Have you got a MC Disrupter or even simpler, the MC Reader? Either device makes locating the lobsterman commander very easy.

The Lobstermen Commanders in alien colonies can be found on the second level in the Synonium Device Room (the top level of this area looks a bit like a theatre, but with ion beam accelerators as seats). There's a high ranking lobstermen in there. Just fire a few thermal shok bombs from above into the room and you'll be able to wipe out the whole room. If you can't complete the base by defeating all the aliens, just drag the commander back to the exit and abort the mission.

As for the Dreadnaughts, I'm not sure where exactly you'll find it, but it'll usually be inside the ship. Use your MC Disrupter or MC Reader to locate it and you'll be fine.

- NKF

cheers guys will be attempting tonight. I know there are 2 colony's on the map so will launch a mission to clear them out and capture some commanders for research etc. will post up any more problems incurred.

1 quick question about tentaculates do they usually die with 1 thermal shock bomb or does it usually take 2 on beginner. i have need using sonic blasta rifle which works well??

1 quick question about tentaculates do they usually die with 1 thermal shock bomb or does it usually take 2 on beginner. i have need using sonic blasta rifle which works well??

The damage caused by Thermal Shock (freeze) is 125 and the Blasta is 95, the Thermal has more accuracy but has just one shot.

According to the Stategy Guide the best way to kill them is with explosives but it goes on to say that both Freeze and Sonic attacks work well.

As to changes in stats with different levels - I can't say as I usually only play on the middle level.

well.. Dreadnoughts is easier to stun Commanders..

I belive the first time I managed to stun one.. it was by pure luck... he jumped down and found that his back was against the guy with the stunner... when I came to look.. there were 3 comanders there :D

The damage caused by Thermal Shock (freeze) is 125 and the Blasta is 95, the Thermal has more accuracy but has just one shot.

According to the Stategy Guide the best way to kill them is with explosives but it goes on to say that both Freeze and Sonic attacks work well.

As to changes in stats with different levels - I can't say as I usually only play on the middle level.

right have got a commander and researched him have also researched the final ship and am making researched the ultimate threat and the alian city what next?????

Well, now that you have the Leviathan and T'Leth the Alien's City, build a Leviathan and start loading it up with all the aquanauts and the weapons that you want to send to the final mission.

When you're ready, launch the Leviathan and click on the "T'Leth" button that appears next to the cancel button.

- NKF

Not only is the story a let down, the final mission (the last of the three parter), is also a bit of a let down.

Bring whatever you feel is necessary, but a word of warning. If you like to use the sonic pulsers, bring a lot of them. T'Leth is completely dry of sonic pulsers.

Drills are good too on account of the really cramped spaces. In the later levels, if you start to run low on ammo, hang on to it and use the drills. If you run out of ammo completely, you won't be able to take out the final target.

- NKF

Not only is the story a let down, the final mission (the last of the three parter), is also a bit of a let down.

- NKF

Yeah, I know they were under the cosh to get the game out but who the hell put that last level together?

It could have been a lot better.

I like to think that the when final mission crops up that the Commander asks for volunteers and as one voice they all call out "Not ****** likely"

So it never happens and the war goes on forever.

Wouldn't it be nice if some clever soul wrote a new ending?