Get the Sectoid Leader

Morsey

Gee, I'm playing through the game again (4th time). It's been years since I played it last time.

I cant remember if I should have captured the sectoid leader by now?

It's April.

I seem to remember if you dont get him it takes ages for the sectoids to appear again.

Well, you can capture sectoid leaders at any time you want. There's no set time limit for it. You could even capture one as early as a few weeks into the game if you are very lucky.

You can easily find leaders on most of the larger sectoid ships.

One good way of making absolutely sure you'll see a sectoid leader again is to let the sectoids build a base. Inside the base, there's always a few sectoid leaders and a commander (the commander sometimes might not appear if its still a little too early in the game). You don't need to destroy the base to 'abduct' the leader. Just stun it and drag it back to the entry chambers and dust off.

Alternately, leave the base alone and you can have a chance at capturing a leader every time a supply ship docks at the base. There's almost always a leader in a supply ship.

If you completely miss out and the sectoids don't seem to be frequenting any of the areas your radars are covering, then don't worry. You don't need the sectoids in particular to win the game. Commander class aliens of any species can substitute for sectoid leaders at any time (for the tech to go to the endgame), just don't forget to research 'alien origins' before you research the commanders. Also, for the psi-labs, just capture an ethereal of any rank.

- NKF