X-Com Collectors Edition

ashtray

Hi there first time poster,i got my copy of said game running thanks to this site cheers.

Im having one problem though when i start the game its all very dark and gloomy and no matter what gamma settings i use in windows when i enter game its still the same.

If anyone can help id be most gratefull as its spoiling my enjoyment of the game.

Thanks.

So the general lighting of the entire game is low then? Hmm, have you tried fiddling with the brightness and contrast settings on your monitor?

The game uses a much lower screen resolution, and some varieties of modern monitors tend to remember settings for different refresh rates, resolutions or whatever, depending on the make of your monitor.

- NKF

Well, you're not likely to get a lot of traffic in the support forum after a problem is solved. :cool:

And the fact that a lot of the current problems that a number of players come across have already been solved.

As for the other forums, well, we've had several rises and drops in activities. Unfortunately, we're in one of the lulls. I don't see that we're going to be able to keep generating a lot of discussion, as there's only so much that can be talked about until it's exhausted.

But then there are some crazies, like myself, that stick around to offer any gameplay support to newcomers.

I really can't comment, for the main three games, why the TFTD and Apocalypse forums are so quiet - but the UFO forum is still generating some discussions - even if it's only the same group of people discussing some needlessly elaborate topic that no normal player will ever want to know about. :)

- NKF