Sophie killed Alien in the greenhouse with the lead pipe

shiremct

Stumbled across a weapon I had never seen before last night and just got to wondering what else is in the game but not, if you get what I mean. I figure those of you who know what you are doing and have the tools to browse through the game files (why cant game developers just be nice and make their file archives compatable with something like win-rar rather than requiring a seperate browser for each game's particular file format?) might have seen some other stuff that's in the files but not incorporated in the game.

The lead pipe does less damage than the knife and if you remove it from the level 2 human you recruited whom it came with then it is gone forever (does not go to armory inventory), but the oddity of it made it particularily satisfiying to smash aliens with :) ...okay... so the alien was already unconcious, but it was still cool! Katana eat your heart out!

There are little things here and there that make me suspect that there are other goodies that were never incorporated. Example: when you research firearms, it tells you you can research pistol blueprints, however, the pistol blueprint research must have been removed, probably because there is only one conventional pistol, but it sounds as if there was at one time or was planned to be more.

Just curious if any modders or others who have looked in the game files have found other neat little things that were completed but not incorporated.

There are little things here and there that make me suspect that there are other goodies that were never incorporated. Example: when you research firearms, it tells you you can research pistol blueprints, however, the pistol blueprint research must have been removed, probably because there is only one conventional pistol, but it sounds as if there was at one time or was planned to be more.

Somewhere I have seen a revolver.

I believe I recruited a human that was armed with a pipe. I remember removing it from his inventory and it disappeared. Should have kept it in the backpack.

If I took the pipe on a mission and dropped it, would I be given the option to research Indoor Plumbing? :)