Melee weapon modding

uly

As of now, the melee weapons are quite useless most of the time. But not because they're weak or it's hard to sneak up on enemies, but because the game AI is completely retarded at targetting and attacking things at melee range. I've seen too many times my katana-wielding commando fumbles about in front of an enemy because he can't decide how to attack the bastard. Enemies on the move are even worse, no matter how slow they move. Try meleeing a lumbering Wargot. My commando can run circles around them but can never catch up enough to stab them.

Anyway, I think one possible solution is to increase the melee weapon range slightly; up to 3-4 ft would still be realistic. I looked into the equipment.txt but found that melee weapons don't have a range at all... Any idea how that may be done?

As of now, the melee weapons are quite useless most of the time.  But not because they're weak or it's hard to sneak up on enemies, but because the game AI is completely retarded at targetting and attacking things at melee range.  I've seen too many times my katana-wielding commando fumbles about in front of an enemy because he can't decide how to attack the bastard.  Enemies on the move are even worse, no matter how slow they move.  Try meleeing a lumbering Wargot.  My commando can run circles around them but can never catch up enough to stab them.

Anyway, I think one possible solution is to increase the melee weapon range slightly; up to 3-4 ft would still be realistic.  I looked into the equipment.txt but found that melee weapons don't have a range at all...  Any idea how that may be done?

i use am get a unit with a excelant speed > and a sword and with training they can kill almost any unit with mid to low armour in secs, most of the time they have no time to react so its one down 2 down and than 3 and once there down just walk back and finish them

i use am get a unit with a excelant speed > and a sword and with training they can kill almost any unit with mid to low armour in secs, most of the time they have no time to react so its one down 2 down and than 3 and once there down just walk back and finish them

Yeah, that would be the case idealy. Except what happens to me most of the time is my superheroic speed level 3 stalker/commando runs up to a Wargot and then just stands there doing nothing. Either that or, when the enemy is moving, he runs up to the enemy and tells me that the target is out of range because it has moved two inchs away. Infuriating.