College idle? and: where did all the guns go? :)

cduke

I've encountered the following issue: schools, colleges and the like are always displayed idle. Can I task them somehow? I did not find any items I could research or build there.

Oh - one more thing: It has now happened twice, that the debriefing screen shows items (like the Uzi SMG), which are not shown in my equipment screen later on - like they never went into my storage. Eg. - I found the Uzi and some 9mm ammo, but only the ammo was stored afterwards. I could see in my ornance facility that I had some 9mm ammo in store.

Best regards and TIA

cduke

I've encountered the following issue: schools, colleges and the like are always displayed idle. Can I task them somehow? I did not find any items I could research or build there.

Oh - one more thing: It has now happened twice, that the debriefing screen shows items (like the Uzi SMG), which are not shown in my equipment screen later on - like they never went into my storage. Eg. - I found the Uzi and some 9mm ammo, but only the ammo was stored afterwards. I could see in my ornance facility that I had some 9mm ammo in store.

Best regards and TIA

cduke

hmmm .... in my opinion .... School and college are provide u a knowledge support , aren't they ?

and that there task .. not to research or manufacture something ...

and about debriefing ... I've seen this before too ,i think maybe it's a bug .. ;)

hmmm .... in my opinion ....  School and college are provide u a knowledge support , aren't they ?

and that there task .. not to research or manufacture something ...

I just wondered - if they are listed as idle they could also be something else than idle - imho.

regards cduke

They do so much more than sitting idle.

1.They let you build advanced buildings later in the game. Some of them require a high amount of knowledge at the base before you can construct them.

2. Resource income :

Standard income British Isles: 32 LT - 29 Alien

+ 1 College : 41 LT - 37 Alien

+ 2 College : 54 LT - 49 Alien

So you see that investing some of that precious base space into knowledge buildings really pays off.

Here are the effects of knowledge on production from my game. The country has 2 resource provinces, both alien tech producing 61 units per hour. The base has 3 slots. KL = Knowledge Level

KL.............Production...Increase.......Inc/KL

So as you can see Colleges are doing something!!

I was wondering this also. But had noticed the increase in production once the knowledge buildings are complete.

I now have more knowledge buildings than all others combined. So I shut down all un-needed tracks and my resources are shooting up like crazy. Only linking bases needed (not vacant ones). ;)

Still don't think I am as advanced as I need to be but the mother-ship is still more than nine days out. While I kick the crap out of the Cult. ;)