[AS] - Game just went kapooie

shiremct

Well, last night I was playing and the game froze up. I couldnt ctrl-alt-delete out, I couldnt alt-tab, I couldnt do anything, my whole computer was froze up solid. After turning it off and rebooting, I got an error when trying to run the game:

ver: UFO: Aftershock 1.0.3 file: C:\workdir\libglview\core\BasicOglWnd.cpp line 379 no suitable pixel format found.

I tried running in safe mode, I tried restarting, I tried re-installing, I tried running in safe mode again, etc... Nothing has helped.

Additionally, when I try to run the game, it leaves my computer in its resolution and color mode and when I try to run another program the display is very messed up. Pushing ctrl-alt-delete and going to task manager eleminates the display problems and resets them back to what they were before trying to run AS.

What is going on here!!?

Thank you in advance.

Edit: Tried system restore, no dice. Tried to reinstall video card drivers, but i get an access is denied error anytime I try to do anything with an ATI setup program. Please dont tell me this is StarForce... :(