Megaspawn Solutions

GhostRogue

Ok, so, you shoot down a large craft, and are scouring it trying to find the damned aliens. You walk into a hall and slaughter all the light weights, and u continue down into the belly of the ship and run into a megaspawn.

My first reaction. :)

1. Pause

2. Back all squads totally out

3. Position 1 guy w/ Devestator, and 2 others near him waiting till hes out

After this im at about. :)

4. Now, resume the game, and force fire at the wall untill you make a nice L and get to the wall behind where u saw the spawn. Have 3 HE packs or a Vtex mine or two ready, and blow the last wall down. Toss the explosives in wether u see the MS or not, and run like hell.

You think :D Hasta la vista, baby

5. You see the explosion, then get the message

All hostie units are unconcious or dead. You win!

6. GG MS, pwnzerz my low tech Megapool armor now!!

Now you can be all like OMGWTFBBQ OWNZEREDEDEDED

:mad: :D :mad: :):)

My depection of a -------^

smilie nade rolling towards my MS Infestation

"Have a nice day"

bwahaha

Optional: For a live MS, toss in 2 HE nades, and then 2 gas nades. stand back, toss another gas nade. GG

*warning for Foul Lanugage*

My first reacton when meeting my first Megaspawn is

:D FOOOOOCK!!!

Everyone run like a Bia*tch! Take Cover!

*pause*

3 guys lobbing in grenades of all sorts ( if I don't have Vortex mines.. ) the rest liness up outside door/gate and waits for the Alien to jump out

and thats about it...

but thats nothing compared to psimorphs.. .hate those critters...

Androids for the win :D ( and I never use them... ) :)

(excuse me for use of Foul Language)

If you get away from the fact that these guys have nice firepower (well, nice for them, not so nice for you), they're just bullet sponges. Full X-Com disrupter armour suits nullify the effects of the dimension missiles (after you've lost your precious shields), but the disrupter beams are another story entirely.

A series of devestators is all you need to kill them. Grenades help, but it's easier to just fill them with violet rays and toxigun rounds.

Stunning them is hard, as mentioned, but not impossible. Saturating them with stun gas or applying a generous burst from a stun grapple is necessary to start with. Then you just cross your fingers and hope that it gets knocked out by the subsequent barrage of fire. Once they're actually down, keeping them down is easy as you only need to stand on one quarter of their body. It dissapointing if they suddenly die due to fatal wounds, but you just need to keep at it. You'll eventually get one, as you have many chances of capturing them.

If you're mad like me, you'd be killing them up close with dual power swords. It works - and they try to run away. Madness! Ah ha ha ha! I use dual sword android berserkers (smoke bombs to mask initial approach), so even if I do lose them, I don't feel to much of a loss except that it's going to be hard to hire another android - they're rarer than hybrids.

- NKF

never acctually had any problem with Megaspawns.. by the time they start to come. I have shields and Toxic B and lots and lots of Ammo...

but the main problem is they see you first.. as theyre tall.. but they have problems if you lay down under something.. :D but a couple of devestators and Toxic guns always sorts the Megaspawn problem :D