The joy of physics

Kaesar

Has anybody done this before?

Battle in the slums...

It was the building with the gravity shaft in the center and the fire escape on the side. I had a bunch of troops waiting on the ground outside both the shaft and the fire escape. I had already killed a bunch of aliens coming out of the center shaft when a couple of anthropods stepped on the fire escape from the roof. My troops started to fire. They missed their target but pretty much destroyed the fire escape. The anthropods retreat back on to the roof. It was then I realize that the fire escape was the only way to the roof. As I didn't have the Marsec flight suit I couldn't get to the remaining anthropods. Not about the retreat I desperate tried the find a way. I finally decided to bring the anthropods to me instead of chasing after them. How do I bring them to me you ask? Well, I proceeded to blast away all of the 8 columns that supported the whole building with devastator cannons. Lets just say when the final column was destroyed it was like an elaborate collapsing of dominoes. Sections of each floor fell in sequence. The whole thing took more than a minute to collapse. When the roof finally hit the ground, I was quite amazed that there were 3 anthropods still alive. Of course they were blasted away instantly. I think I definitely want to try that again for fun.

Eh? What version are you using? For some reason, when I try that, I find that strange things can support the building... like a pane of glass can keep half a building standing, stuff like that.

COS only has temples, which AFAIK are impossible to collapse. Only to do major damage to.

i'm pretty sure you can collapse CoS temples, but the problem is that they will collapse on top of you

If you can't destroy them, you must disconnect every level from the floor that connects it to the invisible walls on the side, as that will support the hundreds of tons of building

or in other words, CoS temples are very hard to bring down

And yes, a single window pane can support an entire 5 story Hydrofarm

however, it is most satisfying to take out that one little piece of glass and watch the whole thing just drop down

collpase on top of you? How? Since when is there even a "ceiling" for COS temples? The best you can do AFAIK is, yes, cause the side wall to collapse, and the ground floor to collapse into the basement. That's about it.

Oh, Hydrofarms, those are pansy easy to collapse. The time consuming things are like knocking over entire corporate buildings... cause certain walls and tiles, even Devastators take 3-8 shots to "roll" a powerful enough shot.

as long as a solid piece of tile matter is not connected in any way to the sides of the map(all 6 of them) it will fall. CoS temples however, since they take place completely inside, must have all floors attached to the wall removed, and all walls touching the top of the map removed, and all floors touching the bottom tiles removed. It takes a very long time since there are hundreds of them