Possible???

inteck

Terror from the Deep, as everyone knows, adds 3 weapons to the game...the sonic thermal lances. I understand that there might be a way to "activate" or use these "unused blanks" in UFO Enemy Unknown as they do exist, its just they are not used. I was thinking of taking the weapons from Monkey Lords site and incorporating them into different packages. A Nato-American weapons pack, a Warsaw Pact Weapons bundle, and a European Union weapons type deal. 1 more question.... Did Bomb Bloke ever figure out how to coordinate the loading of the different Camo Uniforms to match up with the terrain you landed in??? I figure if these two could be put together along with the weapons it would be some REALLY cool eye candy and would add to the game 100% fold.

I don't think you can do that, because Xcom has a bunch of unused weapons hidden in the code, but you need to take out another weapon to do that. If you wanted to actually add weapons in you would have to go in and change a bunch of the stuff around, like setting manufacturing price, manufacturing time, research hours, manufacturing size, you would have to add in sprites, type of weapon, accuracy, Tu cost, what kind of shot it uses for bullet/beam and then you would have to add it into the research tree, and even then i don't know if it would be possible

oh yeah, i forgot sell price

I don't think you can do that, because Xcom has a bunch of unused weapons hidden in the code, but you need to take out another weapon to do that.  If you wanted to actually add weapons in you would have to go in and change a bunch of the stuff around, like setting manufacturing price, manufacturing time, research hours, manufacturing size, you would have to add in sprites, type of weapon, accuracy, Tu cost, what kind of shot it uses for bullet/beam and then you would have to add it into the research tree, and even then i don't know if it would be possible

oh yeah, i forgot sell price

The R&D is located in the .exe somewhere; Scott T Jones made mention that he might try to work with it in one of his future releases, but I don't think anything ever came of it. Everything else is open for modification- Graphics, sound, weapon time units, damage, statistics etc. What I was going to do, was replace the standard X-Com weapons with standard military weapons used by various countries (I have already done this with a couple of weapons). This is easily done with allready available Pck viewers and so forth. I am just not sure how to access the 3 unused slots which come with UFO (These slots are used in TFTD for the Lance weapons....). All the graphics, weapon data, and so forth have been included from the files on Monkey Lords site :)https://www.geocities.com/munkeylord/xcaddons.html (the installer did not work on mine and I had to end up Hex editing in the weapons values). Since all the weapons data is included in different files other than the original .exe file it was fairly easy to do. I will have to find out where I saved the file (I worked on it a LONG time ago in anticipation of Bomb Bloke coming up with a way to do the Camo Uniforms) and put it up on this site to let people know what I am trying to do. The camo uniforms are a different story. Bomb Bloke said it would probably be possible to match up the cool uniforms with the terrain using xcomutilities by Scott T Jones but no one has heard from BB in a while :) .

:) Unless Scott manages to figure out the R&D stuff over at his site, adding weapons isn't going to happen. I was just hoping to go ahead and add some stuff in the 3 blank unused slots of Ufo, but i'm not sure how to access them. That Didn't stop me from going ahead and doing a couple of other things though.......Such as...

:) American Weapons Pack V1

Replaced the Rifle with the M16

Replaced the Pistol with the Beretta 92D

Replaced the Heavy Cannon with .50 Caliber Sniper Rifle

Replaced the Auto Cannon with the G.E. Minigun

Replaced the rifle and pistol sound effects to give a better "feel" to the game when firing these weapons.

Replaced the "world" image that controls zoom and rotation on the lower right side of screen with the upgraded one from TFTD.

Unfortunately there wasn't anything like a L.A.W or RPG-7 picture to incorporate in the place of the Rocket Launcher, so I will stick with it.

All weapons have basically the same stats that came from the original files on Munkeylords site with 1 or 2 minor exceptions. The .50 Snipers ammo has been modified to fire Incendiary rounds. I am still undecided as whether I want the Minigun to have snapshot capability or not. I may also have the Minigun to X-com specifications; meaning the ammo will also be explosive or incendiary instead of just A.P.(undecided on this.....will make weapon EXTREMELY dangerous to both friend and foe alike if I do.)

Undecided Stuff:

Replace Impact sound effect....Have not found anything I really like because all weapons use same sound effect regardless of what they hit or what type of weapon they came from.

Replace Weapon reload sound effect....Have extracted the more satisfying, but older 1.2 "Click Clunk" sound effect to replace the rather lame (IMHO) "click" introduced in 1.4. Problem...old 1.2 sound effect has "Hiss" noise in background (like an old tape). Will probably end up useing reload sound from Ufo Aftermath.

Replace Lame Sectoid dying sound effect of 1.4 with older one from 1.2 (again has a slight "Hiss" in background)

This is just the 1st American weapons pack. There is still the M4 carbine the Beretta automatic and a couple of others that I could use for the 2nd pack. I still wish I knew how to program. The camo uniforms loading up to match the terrain would have been great.

i got a woodland camo uniform with pck pics if you want them.......don't know if the batch file works for installation but all the files are there. i'll post it on the site tonight. urban too, if i can find them

heres some rifles i made up

https://www.geocities.com/munkeylord/rifles.gif

will these work?

https://www.geocities.com/munkeylord/snipers.gif

:) Looks good. I will take all of them. It looks like I am missing a couple even though i've downloaded everything from your site. I recognize (or a least think I recognize) most of them. I wish I had some pictures to replace the Rocket Launcher, but so far I haven't been able to find anything I like on the net. I thought of using the "tube" that you used in your 1xcnw pack, but I am saveing it for the next American weapons pack release. I am hopeing to find something like a Dragon Launcher. I generally stay away from putting in weapons like the M203 as the game engine (like so many others) really isn't set up to recognize or portray combo weapons correctly. I have downloaded everything, including the the camo uniforms. The uniforms are something that I was waiting on Bomb Bloke to do. :) I can put them into the game, but I don't know how to sychronize them to make the different sets load with the corresponding terrain. Jungle-Jungle and Woodland terrain, Arctic-Snow/Arctic terrain, Desert-Desert, Urban-Terror sites, Standard uniform that came with the game-Base invasions. Hopefully Bomb Bloke will reappear and be able to finish it.

I had completely forgotten about this "Replacement Weapons Package (American)" project roughly a year ago when B.B. said he would look into the uniform thing. I figured I would wait until he got everything up and running with the uniforms. With the Ufo Aftermath combo needing some work with some descriptions, I stumbled on this old file by accident. I may finish the other weapon packs (Russian/Warsaw Pact and European Union) in UFO Enemy Unknown after I get everything settled with Aftermath, but this one is almost complete with some minor exceptions. I figured I better go ahead and get it done before I forget about it again and/or lose it for good.

By the way, many thanks for all the weapons on your site. I was inspired heavily by your 1xcnw pack to put this together.

I do have a request or 2

The Druganov https://world.guns.ru/sniper/sn18-e.htm

German PSG-1 https://world.guns.ru/sniper/sn14-e.htm

I found that this site has some incredible photos and info (Russian site, but who cares...it is also in English). I have tried to reduce the size of many of these photos to fit into the game, but none come out very well at all!!.

:) Everythings O.K. so far. This particular setup is heavily inspired by your own 1xcnw pack, you will recognize stuff from it and your M16 Graphics pack immedietly. I have found myself a graphic to replace the standard laser and 1 or 2 other items, but most of it is from your site or 1xcnw. All in all the graphics and stats are more or less done.

My biggest thing now is the sound. I have sound effects that I have taken from a couple of rifles and pistols that I went out to the range and fired, then brought them home and converted them over to waves. I have a program by Quantifier that I can use to import everything with, the problem is that both the conventional rifles and pistols use the same sound effect :)(hardcoded into the game...all I can do is replace what is there :) ) . A shot from my AR-15 simply does NOT sound like a shot from a 9mm or vice versa. This is REALLY frustrating because I shot up a LOT of rounds getting sound effects for the M16 AK47 G3 9mm .45 etc. etc... :) This one is kind of a stupid on my part as I SHOULD have checked to see what I could or could not do before I started :):) By the looks of it I am just going to have to pick from one of my favorite gunshots that can pass itself as both a rifle round and pistol round.

Meh, I'm still here. My broadbands gone, all my times gone, then my health went, but... I'm always around. :mad:

Loading up uniforms in sync with the terrain would, I think, be pretty simple. I just never got around to it.

Actually, this morning I started some code in my mapviewer which will automatically generate new uniforms at runtime. The originals are drawn in such a way that I can change them with ease... In fact, I'm also gonna change the hair/skin color of units so that they match the inventory screens. The advatage of this over producing individual PCK files is that you don't need individual PCK files at all... The disadvantage is I'd need to finish my version of the game engine for it to be usable, and, uh, that's gonna be some time from now...

But there's no reason why I couldn't spit out the re-rendered uniforms my program creates. I figure there'll be 14 of them, and they could be implemented in the original game easy enough. Sorry, the hair/skin color can't really be touched in the original game (can't do it on a per-unit basis, you see).

I've got a copy of of the woodland uniform, so I'll rig up some code to cycle it into the game. Doubt it'll be XComUtil friendly, though.

Meh, I'm still here. My broadbands gone, all my times gone, then my health went, but... I'm always around.  :mad:

Loading up uniforms in sync with the terrain would, I think, be pretty simple. I just never got around to it.

Actually, this morning I started some code in my mapviewer which will automatically generate new uniforms at runtime. The originals are drawn in such a way that I can change them with ease... In fact, I'm also gonna change the hair/skin color of units so that they match the inventory screens. The advatage of this over producing individual PCK files is that you don't need individual PCK files at all... The disadvantage is I'd need to finish my version of the game engine for it to be usable, and, uh, that's gonna be some time from now...

But there's no reason why I couldn't spit out the re-rendered uniforms my program creates. I figure there'll be 14 of them, and they could be implemented in the original game easy enough. Sorry, the hair/skin color can't really be touched in the original game (can't do it on a per-unit basis, you see).

I've got a copy of of the woodland uniform, so I'll rig up some code to cycle it into the game. Doubt it'll be XComUtil friendly, though.

Excellent!! Its good to here from you Bomb Bloke!! :) Sorry to hear your having problems :) . The news that you can get the uniforms up and running is music to my ears. The uniforms Munkeylord is speaking about are the ones I have. I don't have the foggiest clue as to how to match them up or I would have done it already. I am trying to get these files I have been working on (weapon replacements) done so I can work on some more stuff (kind of slow going-almost finished though). I have always wondered how I could make the stuff from bagirov match up to the terrain in the game (which would have been GREAT!). I am not a programmer, so am limited to useing mod tools and 1 uniform in the game at a time.

• 3 weeks later...