Editing weapons and using old maps

TheDemonWithin

Hello, I've been watching these boards for a while and decided to register. Currently I'm working on changing the values for weapons in S^3 and adding things.

I was wondering if anyone knew what is up with the automatic weapons. I'm trying to change the speed at which the weapon fires. There are two values that are concerned with this aspect as far as I know. These are RoF and bmp (both in RPGWeapons (using blueshell dataguy)) Now i was wondering if there is a limit of how fast a gun can fire before it starts to screw up, it seems if i set a value of over 1300 bmp the gun will not fire correctly. What happens is the gun fires about 5 bullets (in full auto mode, not burst fire) and stops, not using all available ap's. But any value below 1300 will work fine and use all available ap's.

If anyone knows a way around this or why it does this, please respond or pm me.

I'm also wondering if it is possible to get enemies from S^2 into S^3. Ive managed to transfer the old maps, but they are empty when i enter them. I also cannot edit maps for some reason in S^3, does this occur to anyone else or is it just me?

Any help is appreciated, thanks guys. ;)

Ok, I somehow was trying to edit maps through a different tab then the one i should have been. Oops. So that problem is fixed, i can recreate all the old maps. Still trying to get over 1300 bpm though, maybe it has something to do with animations or sounds? I dont know too much about that stuff.

When I did my mod, I changed only the ROF column, i.e., I left the bpm column alone. I was finding the same issues with changing the bpm column as you are. I almost never use the Full Auto mode during the game, and I was much more interested in fixing the Burst fire mode.

What about the Gatling machine gun that only the enemy PKs can mount?  Perhaps we can modify the tables to allow its use by the good guy PKs??

Yes that can be done easily i believe, however I'm thinking of a gun that empties a 400 bullet clip in about 10 seconds. I mean, i can set values above 1300, but all the bullets come out at once, and the gun stops firing. I may also make other weapons, such as a rocket launcher that fires more than one rocket at a time, Not sure if this is possible, but we'll see what happens.