ChapterBases???

KoMik

I would like to know is it possible to make a script to chaptermaps what brings up a base sector? It should be always on and free to enter and leave so many times as player wants. Then there should be also a way to block exit sector (it might become visible after player has completed specifyed missions).

On globalmap I would like to block "main base" too. This could bring to game somekind of base upgrading: in begin there is only pistols, knifes and stuffs shops (and nurses) and near the end player can visit in large scale base where all is available (even PKs).

I have thought that this would be the main thing where my mod is based (I don't have that expensive Maya or head animation program to make dialogues...yet).

So if somebody knows are these stuffs hard coded or not, please let me know. It would save lots of my time to finding it out. I had already built and scripted 4different size bases as main base (commander, shopkeeper, healer and storage) and maybe I can use those as scenario zones (1timerInAndOut)...but to do that I need script how to unable player attacks (or there will be lots of failure scripts like "You have brutally killed a friendly character and nobody likes you no more so now it is GAME OVER for you" :huh: )

If "1baseOnly" really is hard coded then all I can do is give this idea of "(upgrading) different bases in different chapters" to Nival for S4 (or S5)...c u.

There is a function that disables the player's ability to shoot in the zones. Look in the script for the S3 base mission - it's a huge script, but somewhere towards the bottom you'll find the fucntion.

As for re-entering the base zone, that's possible. The function EnableFeature("reenter") will allow the zone to be entered again. I haven't used it, but I think you need to add it to the OnExit function. Note - thsi si the info about the OnExit function:

Displayed when the player exits the zone . Set in common . l If you reset it , don't forget to call up ShowLeaveZoneDialog ()

I guess that explains it. You reset the zone then bring up the leaving dialog manually.

As for expanding bases, that should be possible. If you look through the S3 base script, it's very advanced but covers all you need. The script basically determines what objects/people can be used when and how often.

How stupid can I be...(do'h + uhuh!)...I scrolled all those base scripts about 2h and I undestanded almost all functions there...but I couldn't found that attack disable function. Then I start thinking :D ...I remembered to have been seen that possibility some where. Then I found it :D It's in templates properties window! (NoAttack-->true or false).

-I learn that I should keep my mind active (it saves lots of time) :huh:

No it's was my fault...a year ago when I started this "evening hoppy" I went through all those properties stuffs and checked what this great (but pretty hard) editor includes...no attack in "shooting" game? (who uses that?) ..Now it's important to me because of those bases...(it would be nice if it might be able to turn true after player character activates some trigger...is it possible?)

I just finished my (5th idea...) 1st zone and there is no shooting...all you have to do is pay your rent :huh: ...if somebody makes more idiotic beginzone I salute him/her. My scenario is going to be pretty surrealistic in any case...

Hey and thanks for those LeaveZone info...I have already thought those possibilities but never tried them (after player leaves to chapter there will be that "?" icon and it's not as cool as base icon, but the description tells it's base and I have to accept that now)...c u.

--if somebody there knows how to block exitzone in chapters I would be very very happy--