Hidden Base Unit

Bomb Bloke

• 2 years later...

Somebody stop me, another bump from the grave!

What I'm wondering is, do they [ubase_12 modules] only turn up in corners? I could gen a few such maps to test it out...

For the first time ever, I was on a Cydonia mission and stumbled upon the coveted ubase_12 module. It was near the middle of the map too, not at the edge. I couldn't figure out why a corridoor was blocked, and was becomming desperate to get to the command center since my men were getting mind-raped every round by Ethereals. I didn't have a Blaster Launcher with, so I scavenged one off of a corpse and pounded a hole in one of the walls to see what was going on. After the explosion I sent one of my men in to investigate. "Look! It's the ubase_12 module", I could hear him saying to his buddies. :wub:

Anyway, the power source was unpowered and didn't have any Elerium. Shame. Will have to dump a screenshot of this here sometime - I took one for posterity. :blush:

- Zombie

• 4 weeks later...

Well, maybe your blaster bomb took out the elerium :blush:.

The first time I found out about this base block was on a mars assault a few years back. I brought heavy plasma with me, and manually went to the lift and aborted the mission to continue.

For some reason, though, almost all of my heavy plasma clips either disappeared or had 0 ammo at the bottom of the lift! All I had, really, were some blaster launchers and grenades, as well as my hovertanks.

Anyway, my squads were all set up. I had a battle force trying to locate and destroy the brain, and a combination of psi-decoys and unarmed soldiers spread out across the rest of the map.

One of these soldiers spotted an ethereal with a blaster launcher. He chased after him, knowing that the alien wouldn't kill itself with its own BB. My guy chased the ethereal down a corridor and into a dead end. The ethereal then walked right up to the dead end, and disappeared.

(This is also the point where I discovered for myself that Ethereals can fly :wub:)

I forget if it ended for good or ill for that particular soldier, though, but it is good to note that if you have a flying suit you can explore and make it over that particular base module.

Well, maybe your blaster bomb took out the elerium :wub:.

Nope, one shot to a wall will open it up but not damage anything on the inside of it. Suppose I could have blasted a hole in the upper floor and peeked in, but this was a more direct route. :blush:

- Zombie