Looking for a map editor

Zomis

I used to have a map editor that could edit UFOs, the landscape, and many things.

It was hexadecimal (values from 00 to FF), it was 4 of those values in each square (one area in the game, e.g. one Power Source, one Soldier etc.)

But I lost it somewhere, so I was wondering if anybody has it or knows where I can get it (I've checked the files on this webpage)

Thanks,

/Zomis

perhaps you're right Ego Terr, but why doesn't it work in DOS mode either?

The Demi-Goldy One, did you get the map editor a long time ago?

If you did, can you please send it to me by mail?

my mail address is: zomis2k@hotmail.com

I actually think that there is something wrong with in this "new" version of the program...

just got it and tested it, and it didn't work :confused:

so I was wondering, The Demi-Godly One, which operative system do you use? (Windows 98, 95, NT, ME, 2000...) and other technical information about your computer (processor, RAM memory, and all the stuff you know about)

Did you give running it with a slow down util, like Moslo for instance, a whirl?

Worth a shot. Oftentimes old programs have troubles with fast newer machine without a slow down util.

In fact, if my memory serves me correctly, I think oftentimes a runtime error is the result of a program running on to fast of system without some means of slow down.

Let me know if you need any help tracking down some slow down utils to experiment with. Oftentimes it's good to try a few different ones since some work better with some programs/games, and system configurations than others. I'm sure I have many links bookmarked to where you can download them from somewhere on my system.

Also, doesn't the UFO2000 patch have a map editor with it? You might want to check that util out also. Again, let me know if you want a link to that.

• 2 weeks later...