Skinning help

DarkJester

Hi, great site! :(

I've got a few questions about skinning, if someone could help me out.

If I make modifications to a face it changes every model that uses that face... so how do you people go about it? Do I have to make a copy of each bit I want to change, then mod from there? If so, how do I duplicate an item & where abouts should I put the copy... should I make a new folder to put the base items I want to change in it?

Textures... I want to make changes to the uniforms, mainly just change the colours... can I export & edit in photoshop or something?

I really want to use the cammo hood the axis scout has for other models... but I think its attached to the uniform... is there any way to have it as a cap I can just add? I can't find any hoods or cloth-over-the-mouth things I can just add. I take it I'm gonna have to get these things in max or maya & chop them up? how do I export them?

One last thing... after finnishing both campaigns I wanna try with one elite character with 1 other teamate... how can I change the amount of points allocated for my hero from 20 to 30?

Sorry for the lengthy post... Thanks very much for any help

To make a custom head I like to just make a new head in the complex head section. Typically I just add it into the folder of the head that I wish to change so I can find it easily. You can change the skin for the head along with the glasses, gas mask, helmet etc. You may have to change the uniform settings if the uniform contains any head gear.

I'm not aware of any programs around to export/import the textures. There is a build in feature in the editor but it doesn't work. There was a post brought up on the offical forums so hopefully they are looking into it.

They used Maya and there is a tools folder with some Maya scripts in it. If I remeber correctly that hood is part of that particular model.

You can change the base values with the editor.