Mercenary Mod

Damien

Hello

Im gonna try to make a mod loosely based on Jagged Alliance 2.

Its not gonna include any of the JA2 characters but all new ones.

My dream is to tweak this game so you can change most of it.

I think there wouldnt be any problems having 30 mercs to chose from instead of the 20 you have now. If one can alter the Interface.

But this would call for a total textureedit possibility. Which you cant do yet. Maybe it has got something to do with the SQL server?

I have seen an .exe file in the TOOLS folder called TexCon.exe, maybe that is used to convert the textures?

This first adventure would take place in a country where the military has taken over. The mercs are sent in to deal with the problem.

Much like in JA2 they will have the rebels to their help, and it would be great if one could program it so that you wouldnt have all the mercs available from start. But instead you are awarded new mercs as time goes on. I always found it exciting going back to the base and look in the armory if i had gotten any new weapons to play with after a mission in S2.

I would need some skilled help from mapbuilders and people who knows what they are doing. Model Texturers, programmers etc

So if you are interested in helping in any way please drop me a message or post something at this thread.

Thanks in advance

Damien