S2 fan review

unr303

I had completed S3 first time and want to share impressions.

1. Story become more interesting. It is not just evidences search but something you want to see how it will end. Here are more in-mission dialogs that makes game more interesting.

2. There are much different mission types now. You have to stop explosion of bombs, capture gangster, protect base, resque scientist and much more. And you dont have to kill all here: in some cases it is not needed, in some it is not enough.

3. There are much more weapons too. But i did not used much of them because everything costs money now. That is why i used only best.

4. Snipers arent best guys now because they can do nothing when they are surrounded by pk`s from one side and heavy infantry from other. Alone scout have few chances to survive now too. To keep team alive you have to have in team guys of all kind (except maybe medic and grenadier).

5. As i mentioned above everything costs money. And reward you get after missions is enough only to heal your team. To buy weapons and keep them work, to hire soldiers and increase their attributes you have to trow out your equipment that was needed for mission when you complete it and take from dead enemies things that costs more than others. That is some sort of puzzle: how to choose and arrange items to get highest guantity of $. I dont really like that. I dont like that weapons loose their maximal points when they are repaired. That is meaning that if your sniper has best riffle he want, he unable to has habbit to use it because when he achieve habbit that weapon become completely useless. And even engenier with skill above 100 dont helps much.

6. Games now has logic: soldiers patroll territory, if one see dead body or hear shot he start to find enemy. Enemies try to crouch and hide. When they cant do direct shot they try to use grenades. Looks like enemies try to kill snipers first.

7. Wound system is really great now. If your sniper had to deal with many soldiers at long range he may try to shot at legs to make enemies unmobile, if it is middle range then sniper may shot arms to make weapon fall down, and ofcours good thing for sniper is too shot in head to make critical injuires (but in most cases more than one shot in head is needed). And good thing is that critical wounds to your soldiers make game more difficult.

8. For me it feels like here are no increase in difficult at final missions. Maximal difficult for me was in middle of game while end was very easy. I even completed final mission with two (actually one is enough) only scouts without any shot in my side. I dont think that is right.

9. Another thing i dislike is that game poor on start and final movies. Actually here nothing to watch on. I think that good game should have good movies too.

• 4 weeks later...
Do they still do stuff like hiding objectives in random locations and stuff like that?

Mmmmm... cant remember such things in S3. Mission objectives there now arent 'find evidences' and looks like it dont change for mission from time to time.