Staircase tactics

Huwie

I'm having a bit of a problem with moving up and down on staircases, mostly due to the interrupt skill that I hate. If your team are all positioned to be pointing somewhere where I know an attack is going to come from, guns at the ready, there should be no question of who gets to shoot first. Oh well...

Anyway, when I use a staircase I always do it SWAT team style, moving very slowly around it and always pointing in the direction the enemies could be. Due to that lamentable interrupt situation, though, they occasionally get shot to ribbons by someone waiting at the top or bottom with a machine gun. I think I might need a change of tactics, so does anybody have any pointers?

Actually yes,two of them:

A:your Scout,if high enough in level to have Vanguard,can interrup their Interrupts (no,really,i mean it.)managing to get the annoying bugger out of the way.

B)pre-emptive machinegun fire/and or a a few grenades lobbed off at the general direction.even if it doesnt get thewm dead on,there's a chance he might lose his interupt and you can move in.

C)while not always apliable,i prefer to aproach a room/floor from more than one direction,this also leads to some sweet cross-fire tactics.

Thanks for the hints, pal. Sadly, my scout isn't much good close-up, she always seems to get spotted even when hiding. I suppose I should just try to level her up quickly.

I suppose I could go with the machine gun/grenade thing, but that's going to be costly inside large buildings with lots of staircases. I'm loathe to use grenades indoors because my team tend to do as much harm to themselves as anybody else. :?