To destruct or not to destruct...

Beardy_Dan

Hello everyone.

I've played a few missions and have a question about the many crates found in a lot of maps. Is it worth destroying these crates in case there's something usefull inside? I've busted up a few in a couple of missions but never found anything so I don't bother anymore. Am I perhaps missing stuff by doing this?

If you want to take the time, sure, go ahead. It's good practice for your engineer, or if your blowing it up then your shooting skill. Beyond that, theres really nothing important in crates, except for the occasional Investigation Clue, you won't miss any good weapons that you can't get anywhere else.

The only exception that I know of(good/unique weapon in a crate) is Big Joe, and I don't find it very usefull anyway.

You know they're not all locked, right? When they are, though, I just use a short burst from any automatic or semiautomatic weapon to open them - since my engineer still can't pick locks. :)

The most useful stuff I find in them is ammo and surgical plasters.

Sorry, I probably didn't make myself clear. :roll:

I meant the big square crates that can't be opened/unlocked (they don't have a lid) and never have anything in them as far as I can tell.

On another note, do you really get experience from shooting up destructable objects? I thought you only got it by shooting people, the higher level they are the more experience?

• 1 month later...