Best Team

Kommiszar

• 4 weeks later...

Sniper, Sniper

Scout, Scout (although I might as well have had a third sniper really)

Engineer (to disable mines and pick locks)

Medic (to remove those annoying critical conditions)

In retrospect the snipers and scouts were so powerful that they really spoiled some of the fun of the game - enemies rarely got a chance to defend themselves and almost always died in one shot to the head. The engineer was largely a boat anchor outside of locks and traps, if there is another class with an engineering skill cap in the 70+ range at level 10+ then that would likely be just as well. Same goes for the medic.

I have only just started playing this game today, other than the demo that is. I picked one of each type, not sure if this was the right thing to do. I need to get a feel for who's usefull before I get to harder levels so seems to be a good place to start.

I personaly like the sniper so far, she's my main character and likes poping heads :twisted:

I picked one of each type, not sure if this was the right thing to do.

There's no right or wrong way other than what works for you, really. If you want to get a good idea of how people operate, check out their stats and take them in search of trouble (i.e. random encounters). Allied Engineers might not get much practice in their chosen craft in the fields of Britain, but you can get a good idea of everyone else's combat specialties with a little practice.

Take all your scouts on a hunt, hide and throw knives. Take grenadiers and a bunch of cheap HEs and a few fragmentation grenades and blow things up. Take soldiers and machineguns and poke lots and lots of holes in things. Take snipers and poke a few effective holes in things. You get the picture.

At the early stages the game lends itself heavily to player style; many combinations can be used with different strategies to clean house. It gets easier once you get a feel for the strengths of each class and character, and moreso when you familiarize yourself with the missions.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My team:

Katerina "Kat" Petrov - Soldier and squad leader

Zinaida - Sniper

Elf - Scout

Ramos - Soldier

Oleg - Engineer

Abala - Medic

Kat is an ace all-rounder but is slightly better with rifles than anything else. She's really tough too, and can take a lot of punishment. She's also incredibly brave, and has pulled off many a daring rescue and has managed to get imperilled teammates out of danger countless times. A fantastic and worthy leader!

Zinaida has already become a superb sniper. Today she made her best shot ever, which was a one-hit kill (not a placed shot) on a Nazi who must have been more than 100 yards away. I was astounded! The hit did about 117 points of damage, by the way.

Elf is starting to become pretty sneaky, she gets spotted by the enemy less and less often. She's my pistol ace - woe betide any Nazi who gets within shooting distance of her silenced pistol, because he'll be dead before he knows it!

Ramos is my machine gunner. He's pretty good at long shots too, but he always butchers enemies who foolishly get in the way of his Bren!

Oleg is still useless when it comes to picking locks or disarming mines, so for the time being I use him as another machine gunner. Usually has a rearguard role.

Abala...well, I love this guy. His staunch determination really endears me to him, and he's generally a pretty good medic too. He can usually heal a teammate of half their VPs in less than a single turn. Somehow, he's also become an excellent shot with a rifle.

My team average level 7 at the moment, but they're already becoming a superb fighting unit. I love them all! :)