Allies Mission Help with Panzers...

Doc Holliday

I'm playing through the Allies campaign on Normal and I seem stuck on a level. This has probably been covered here before, but its an underground warehouse mission. I slaughter the opposition in a tight corridor near the entrance and preceded to an office area where I killed two more. I turned off the generator protecting the Panzers. I've collected three clues and my objectives list is all compeleted. I found the Panzers in the basement. The strange thing is that my Leave button is still red. I ran around looking for a straggler but didn't find anyone. Do I need to get the Panzers out? Can I even do that? Any other ideas?

Fooled around a bit more. If I go topside, I can leave the map. I noticed in an earlier post something about starting an elevator. I'm not sure if it was referencing this map, but I turned the power back on with the generator and played with the alarm in the office a while. No dice on changing the Leave button. Did make the lights come on, though :)

Can I get those Panzers on the elevator and back to home, sweet home? Or is this just a chance to get a taste of those metal monsters before I come face to face with them?

! * PARTIAL SPOILER INFORMATION * !

!

!

!

!

!

!

!

!

This is the Brandenburg mission titled "Organization" storehouse. It seems to only be unlocked after completing certain prerequisite missions, I'm also stuck on the very same level!

Yes, you can move all 4 panzers (use the machine upstairs to deactivate the electrified bars protecting them first) and 2 extra crew into the bay area but you have to stack the 4 panzers by the ladder first, cramming them all into that small space (might have to move them around a bit to get this) and then just move the two foot-soldiers into the middle and the ladder should become accessible...this will take you up to the first portion of the zone.

~ BUG :?: NEED HELP HERE ~

My problem though is I've collected the two clues in the backroom (on the top floor) and neutralized the guy who was carrying the third and final clue. Only after clearing the entire level of enemies the "LEAVE" button is still red saying "You haven't obtained critical mission clue." Clearly there's no unchecked items on my Objective list, and I've scoured the entire level top to bottom looking for any "extra" clues or hidden enemies. I've even gone as far as using previous saves to blow up everything possible to see if anything was hidden ontop of anything but still NOTHING!

Of course, I could just go up to the first sub-zone and leave, but this just irritates me. :evil: Am I really missing something or is this a bug? Anyone able to help?

Thanks for the reply. I tried crushing the PKs near the ladder but that didn't seem to work. I'll give it another go though. I'd really like at least one guy runnin' around in a PK so early in the game. I have the exact same issue with the LEAVE button as you do. And like you, I took all the time to blow up every possible locked crate just to find the clue. Nothin'. Strange. BTW, are you running the 1.2 patch now? Could be the problem for both of us.

<EDIT> I tried your idea of putting the PKs as close as I can to the ladder and made my way out with 3 of the 4. Good enough for me. Hell, I only wanted one. But the LEAVE button is still red and I'm not sure why. If you figure something out, let me know.

• 2 weeks later...
I was stuck in that mission too... So here's what I did.. I had entered the complex trough one of those air vents(those grey thingies on the ground) and then I killed everyone and blah, blah, blah... so there I was, stuck. Everything done and the leave button was red. So I went back to the surface and entered the complex trough the ladder (which was inside or near the building) and turned the power back on took my panzer's to the elevator, went back up and exitted... Hope that helps!

• 4 weeks later...

I can only hope you've passed this stage by now - But for future reference...

I did this tonight, got all four PK's out by putting two next to the ladder, and packing two more as close as possible in front of them, then having one spares use the ladder.

A small diagram using smilies:

:!: :!: :!: :!:

:!: 8) 8) :!:

:) 8) 8) :)

Where 8) = PK's, :!: = the walls around the alcove for the ladder up, :( = Normal soldiers.

On a side note - I enabled the power after I got the panzers and items out of their little alcove, and discovered a useable button while I was trying to force open a safe in the upper level. As far as I can tell, the button is just an alarm, but it turned all my units flourescent purple as the lights and sirens started wailing - I took this as my cue to bug out.

I only discovered three clues as well - One on the same side as you start, and two on the opposite side, but it let me leave using the ladder, and my 'Leave' button was still red. When I got to the surface, it was green. I'd bet that the 'Leave' button is staying red because you can't go directly back to the world map from where you're at, and they didn't want to allow people to just run for the PK's and press the Exit button...

A final question - Has anyone cracked open that safe near the desktop clue to see what's inside? I put 1200 RDG rounds into it, 160 laser rounds, every grenade I could find, and it wasn't dented - Just very very blackened. I'm dying to find out what's in there ... But given the rewards for cracking tough nuts in the past, it's probably 2 Bredas, or something equally annoying.

In retrospect, I'm actually glad I went to the secret base mission in the Ural mountains before I came here (Frustrating as it was). I now have a grand total of 9 PK's in my base... They make me very happy.

That's interesting. I just did this mission myself - first mission I've done after Koch - and it was given to me in North Britain. I guess the nature of the mission can put it on either turf really.

It sounds like the rules for exiting the mission are pretty mucked up on this one. When I took it, I cleaned out the top level, and Leave was amber. Went below, eventually killed everyone and got three clues, and Leave was still amber. I returned to the upper level and Leave was green, but I didn't have any PKs, so I went back down, and only then did Leave remain green in the underground. Strange.

Of course, I also had to "re-spot" all of the booby-traps I left behind down there, which meant that Zinaida and L.A. kept stopping in their tracks when I told them to go somewhere. :roll:

Anyway, once Leave was green in the underground part of the mission, I coud safely don the PKs and exit straight from there.

A final question - Has anyone cracked open that safe near the desktop clue to see what's inside?  I put 1200 RDG rounds into it, 160 laser rounds, every grenade I could find, and it wasn't dented - Just very very blackened.

I don't remember which safe this is. I found an unlocked safe with some Bazooka ammo or another heavy weapon in it, but maybe that's not what you're talking about. It's probably a random item reward; there's not a fourth clue in that mission.

hmmm... Can't say the safe was unlocked. It was a massive safe, like you might see in a 40's Western, one big front door, about 4'x4'x8'. In another section on the top floor I found a locked steel cabinet surrounded by explosive drums. They made short work of the cabinet, and inside was a lone PIAT.

Have you noticed a trend in locked/unlocked things seeming random? This is my first run through, and I know a few of the random encounters that have chests that are either locked or unlocked randomly and contain things randomly... Does this also apply to the Story missions?

I wished that I had read this thread earlier before doing the mission.

I am doing a Solo Scout, and finally after killing everybody, I came to a room with only 3 PK (yes, there where only 3 Unknown PKs). Since there is only 1 of me, I slipped myself into a PK, and press the "Leave" button. Only 1 PK came back to me in the base.

So here are my questions:

1. How come I saw only 3 Unknown PK in the room?? Is it a bug??

2. There is another room where you can click and play a video of a forcefield being display. Is there any use?

3. Is there anyway I can get more than 1 PK back to my base? or do I have to replay the entire mission again with 4 people?

Thanks.

BTW, there are lots of PK repair tools lying around. Do I need to pick them, or can I find them in my base?

"Reward" chests tend to be random, yes.

You should have passed through the area where the garage with the forcefield was located. Shutting it off gives you access to what's behind it.

But, you also mention finding and getting into a PK, and in the mission I played, I had to shut off the forcefield to get to the PKs in the first place, so... in theory, you've already figured that out.

The only way you can take a PK back to base is by wearing it, so yes, you'd have to have additional teammates suit up. If you know which one is the "Scout" model, and you want it, maybe you can just come back with that.

Keep in mind that a lot of the mission mechanics are not published, and probably with good reason; knowing too much before going on these missions would allow people to exploit the mechanics too quickly. So if you only see 3 PKs, but you still only have 1 person to suit up with... who knows why. :)

Thanks. Actually there were 4 PKs in the room. I just couldn't count correctly :)

How do you know which is the scout PK? All looks about the same to me.

I am now at mission 20 (final mission), and have been soloing all through. I am not wearing PK as I like to use the Katana instead, so I don't need to many PKs then. Thanks a lot.

The Allied Scout PK has a Spade on the back of the suit and front, and has 400 HP.

The Allied Sniper PK has shark's teeth painted on it, and has 420 HP.

It's capable of wielding the Mechanical Sabre, the only reason I know it's a Scout - The weapon was restricted to Scout PKs.

The blue Allied PK suits (450 HP) can dish out a little more, take a little more, but are incapable of hiding. I have a weapon that's 'Allied Soilder PK Only' but it doesn't fit on this PK, so I don't know what to call it.

Scouts are good firepower-wise, and both the Sniper and Scout can hide.

If you absolutely have to go with ONE PK, I'd almost sugguest either making sure you carry the Laser rifle you find eventually to do away with enemy PK's, or when you can get one, use one of the walking stoves with built-in lasers. Nothing I've seen will kill an enemy PK faster.

That aside, once you get your new-found PK, and dearly beloved PK you're going to need to watch out for stages where the objectives call for capturing an enemy commander... To do so you need to carry him and leave - Which you can't do in your suit, which amounts to you deciding to either fail a primary objective (and probably miss out on a certain mission here and there) or loosing your suit.

But I suppose that's an additional challenge in playing a Solo game...

Funny, when I played this mission I snuck into the under-ground storage area via the ladder behind the lift, guess it was an air shaft. I took out everybody in the base. Turned off the power, got the PKs, then turned the power back on to get the PKs up the lift since the ladder exit was not an option for me.

Only problem was I had to go top-side to get the lift down. When the lift opened at the basement level an alarm sounded. Everyone was dead but I could not exit due to the alram. I tried to shut off the power again but once I turned it back on the alarm was back. I finally found the alram control panel (hidden in an office). I deactivate the alarm which then allowed me to board the lift with the PKs and leave the level.... :)

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, in this mission, you can only Leave when on top ground (not when you are in the basement).

If you want to leave with the panzerklein suits (and I'm sure you do :) ), you need to:

- Kill everyone in all 3 levels (that's my tactics - then you're free to play in real-time mode and it goes faster)

- Go on top level (outside), then go down with the elevator (not the ladder). To use the elevator, click on the button that is on the elevator itself (note: this will trigger the alarm)

- Deactivate the generator upstairs

- Take the panzerklein suits and needed equipment on to the elevator

- Reactivate the generator (otherwise, the lift won't work)

- Deactivate the alarm (this took me a while to find. The alarm control pad is in the office near the closed safe).

- Go up with the elevator with your whole group in panzerklein suits and with equipment.

- Leave

It took me 3 hours to find out... hope this'll help some of you!

"Barnie"

• 3 weeks later...
Actually, in this mission, you can only Leave when on top ground (not when you are in the basement).

I left whilst in the basement. It's an exploitable bug. I went directly down to the underground area via the entrance near the start of the mission, cleared out all the bad guys, climbed up the shaft behind the lift, took the lift down, nicked the PKs and then clicked the leave button.

I think that as long as you have been to the top and the underground twice each, you'll be able to leave from either zone.

I reached the stage of saying "Well, who needs these PKs?" and climbed the ladder without them. That was in North Britain. I'm about to pick up PKs in the Urals base.

This was the first game I started, on Normal. I left it then went back to it after running 2/3 other teams on the Hard level (none yet complete), these teams are well advanced but haven't found that complex.