First mission decides course of game?

ShadowHunter

I just found out that there's a difference between my scout (on impossible) and my soldier's (on normal) first briefing in the allies base. For my scout, the briefing is about scientists being abducted, while my soldier's briefing is about information being stolen. The objectives in some of the maps have changed from rescuing some scientist to recovering the stolen data.

I started a medic on normal difficulty and got the same base briefing as my scout, but I restarted with a soldier and the objective remained same compared to my old soldier.

Maybe your hero's job decides which objective you'll get? Anyone care to further test this?

Not the first clue...

For the allies campaign, after the initial mission of saving the commander, you're back in base. You'll receive your mission briefing when you talk to the commander. I got a different briefing for my soldier and my scout/medic. There's no clue to get yet :shock:

For my scout I've had to find clues, rescue agents and chase down a missing scientist. For my soldier I've had to capture an enemy agent, recover missing equipment, and just found clues leading to General Newhouse that he's a traitor. For my scout campaign, I don't think I've even seen his name come up at all.