TFTD Ufopaedia problem

Yuri

As written in the title i have 100 scientists in 2 labs, and still my research abilities stopped. I cannot research things like Magnetic Navigation, VibroBlade, Thermal Lances, Alien Reanimation, etc... :confused: I've heard that there's a patch to solve this problem, but i cannot find it on the net, and this site's Downloads aren't working (Repairs i think). :D Could someone... POSSIBLY :D ... Help me out?

(And sorry for my english :cry: )

Welcome to the forums Yuri!

I've temporarily uploaded the version 2.0 patch to https://www.x-com.co.uk/tftdv2.zip - if that doesn't solve your problem, head on over to https://www.scotttjones.com and enter the xcomutil section. Downloading that utility will apply all the patches and enable the game to run in Windows XP etc etc.

As with all patches and upgrades, make sure you back up your save games first :confused:

There are a few items that cannot be researched. I think reanimation zones are one of them. In any case, they don't add anything much nor will they stop you from winning the game.

Magnetic Navigation, Vibroblades, etc will have prerequisites that you need to research first. Some of them need to be researched in a specific manner in order for you to even get them.

The following document on my website will be of some help:

TFTD Research Tree Bug Avoidance Guide

It's now lean and mean. Well, no, I lie, I just discarded the useless summary section which was always out of date, and I've added Bookmark Thingies Of Doom™!!!!!!!

- NKF

edit: Just had to tack on an ... Of Doom™ and throw in a few more exclamation marks. it's too momentous an occasion not to. :confused: