Vfs Tool V1.2 Released

sigget

This new version of vfstool allows you to create fresh new vfs volumes. You specifiy clustersize, use 4096 to be safe, then clustercount, take the size of the volume you want and divide that value by the clustersize, and you have your clustercount, then root directory size, use 32 or 64, and lastly you specify what versionstring you want, there are a couple of strings defined that you can choose from. If we grows out of this solution ill make it configurably in an .ini-file or something.

vfstool mk cfg.vfs <clustersize> <clustercount> <root dir size> <version string>

then put cfg.vfs in your game directory and the game will use it as an override to gamedata.vfs

to more detailed help and a list of available versionstrings type:

vfstool mk cfg.vfs (hmm, why did i specify a vfs-filename here, if the tool also requires it then i messed up ;-) sorry )

https://www.geocities.com/sigget2003

// sigget

Dude, sigget your the man! *pistol gesture with both hands* ;o)

hehe, now i acctually can start and test my custom sounds, hehe.. i've spent the past couple of days digging up all sounds i've ever got my hands on, so now i'll really start putting this baby together ;o)

it's hard though, with work and girlfriend that takes up so much time, hehe.. if i was an unemployed single guy i would crank out mods like Sims expansions ;o)

and hey.. the reason i posted this reply, thanx sigget, great work!

Fulby, that would be to awkward in a command line utility. My GUI-version doesnt have it yet, but its on the todo-list. The development of if is going terribly slow, and Altar said they hoped to have their tools out before the end of the year so im not too motivated really. But if i feel there's a strong demand for it i might try to get a version out a little faster.

// sigget