Slaughter

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Another idea, this one after watching Stargate last night. It was the one where Doctor Jackson gets zapped to the "Alternate Universe" where the Gua'uld (SP?) are kicking the crap out of the humans. The humans have a secondary base called "Beta Genesis" where they have evacuated most of their best and brightest. Of course, Carter and O'Neil don't make it, but Jackson makes it back to his proper dimension.

Mod Title: Stargate: Beta Genesis

Synopsis: With the destruction of Apophis and his first Prime when SGC self-destructed (the mothership was parked on Chyanne mountain when the nukes went off), the Jaffa on earth and in orbit have decended into anarchy. Add the constant attacks over the new-found resources on Earth (slaves, slaves, more slaves) from the other System Lords, and the survivors of earth face anarchy.

This is where the survivors at the Beta Genesis site come it. After encountering the rogue Gua'uld devoted to destroying their bretheren (the Tok'ra (sp)), the survivors discover the truth about their homeworld and decide to take advantage of the situation. Entering through the Stargate recovered by the Russians, the newly formed SG-1 begins their attempt to liberate earth from the remnants of Apophis's forces.

Further Notes/ Ideas: This would be an easy-ish mod as the human skins doen't even have to be changed, other than a new insignia in place of the Phoenix symbols. The Xeno enemies would have to be replaced with Jaffa (Ja'fa?), other humans (sympathisers, ect), and possibly Gua'uld (end bosses). The Mechanoids could be added as well, and could even be represented in the end-game phase by the biomass (only becoming Mechamass perhaps). This would also allow a player to have Jaffa on his team when they become available. Heck, the Asgard are already there as the Reteculians, so hey! Easy!

Missions would be similar, with UFO attacks being replaced by Death Glider attacks, troop ships landing with Jaffa to attack bases, hordes of hungry civilians, and other such items. Also, possible three-part missions could consist of infiltrating a base, getting to the Teleport Rings, then entering a Gua'uld ship and blowing the thing to little bitty bits.

As an added bonus, the P90 would become the default weapon instead of the the UZI!

Personally, I would like to see armor that your greys can use. Also, some sort of tank unit (Like an android or something) that could be modded in?

I must also say that I love the idea of a stargate mod, stargate is one of my favorite shows.

and remember that in apoc, the sectoids aren't evil, they are friendly in fact (See alien food chamber secondary objective)

I like the StarGate idea, but I have not see all the series sessions :(

If anyone can make a 3d model for the energy staff, would be great!

My great problem for colaborate is the language, I'm spanish and I've the spanish version and perhaps some changes aren't compatibles....

Perhaps another posibility is to make a argument that begins where the season 1 begins, with the SG teams exploring all the gates, etc...

Randall

You don't have to for what Kresh suggested!!!

The whole story is set to an alternate universe. And Daniel got "mirrored" there at the end of the first session.

If there's anything I can do about it send a PM or Email my way. I'd just love to see this mod!!!!

THat's what makes ths Stargate: Beta Genesis mod pretty easy. Turn off the biomass, make new models and textures to include the Jaffa (Ja'Fa?) and their weapons and you're mostly set. It would remove quite a bit of the reasearch...unless you modded it to require naquida and crystals reasearch.

I'd like to see it, although I haven't the time nor the experience to get involved. *sigh* The perils of working 2 jobs...

Slaughter, your idea of the AVP-Mod: Ilike it more and more. Imagine your crew being the Predators! Fighting against those puny humans and nasty Aliens. Of course the design of the menus would have to be changed, the faces, voices, weapons, i think i like it!!! Damnit, i gonna do this mod...
WooHoo!!! :) (not my idea originally, someone suggested it at the official boards)

Well, if you can gather up a team interesting in doing such a mod, I'd be ever grateful. Always wanted an AvP game in this genre, and Aftermath is more or less prefect for it...

When I'm done with my Christmas exams I may be able to help some myself in fact.

If you do Predator, make them rather fast and extremely strong, a lot of hit points so that one really has to concentrate to bring them down.

If you do Aliens, make them extremely fast and very deadly up close, but relatively easy to kill from a distance or with flame.

Well there r 2 mods i would like to see.

1. x-com. loved this game so much but if i was to make an x-com mod, im not sure if i would redo an original one like enemy unknown or make like a new one to continue after apocalypse call it x-com:invaision or something were by the sectoids and such are back to finish off what they messed up on the last 3 times. enemy unknown, TFD and interceptor... (apocalypse was different aliens). :)

2. StarShip Troopers mod! the game is set up perfect for this. Small squads of troopers, alien bugs, doesn't require tanks etc... You can have it set on the bug world were by the first mission is to clear an area to put your first base, once its established you do the same as aftermath were u clam new bases, wiping out bugs on the way. End mission is when u find and capture or kill the queen and her nest. just think of the classic quote...

Jean Rasczak: "You see a bug hole, YOU NUKE IT" :(

I LOVE the STARGATE so is SG:BG During the Apothis Season or the Anubus Season? or the SG:Atlantis? instead of GeoScape a Flat Star Map and we type the P3:118 etc... Gates then secret Gate Address when you go to one site.

the Replicators Speed and Multiple and the problem is running and shoooting doesn't work tough.

It would be nice if you'd be able to whack someone with a GUN. rather Clawing some one I wouldn't want to break a nail.

:spamcat:

;) OR a Multi-verse With Starship Toopers, StarTrek, StarTrek (Voyager, DS9, Next Gen.), Aliens and Predetors. all in ONE boiling mod. :D :likepie:

:( Kharn's Pre-Aftermath or "INVATION" or "OCCUPATION" UFO would be nice! :(

Kresh's Fantasy MOD. I think we need a new poll or Topics for each MOD Idea on it's own. :D

UFO: AfterGate = UFO:AG-1 would be my #1

UFO:AvP = Aliens & Predators and the aliens can use dead corpse to spawn more during Tactical Games.

UFO:AfterToopers = UFO:AT (Starship Troopers)

• 4 years later...

Vsem privet (Hi there)!

At first, sorry for my terrible English.

At second, few words about UFO mod I'd like to see. It should be:

1. Compatiable with UFO: Aftermath v1.2 or lower.

2. Featuring human weapons manufacturing. Why player couldn't make some classic guns&ammo like he/she can manufacture hybrid laser/plasma/etc. In example order the engineers to manufacture "5,56-mm ammo" which give him, ugh, 10 extra clips for each 5,56-mm weapon (within couple of hours).

3. Featuring human enemies of all stiles: renegades, bandits, and Aftershock-like cultists or any other sort of traitors/collaborators (fighting alone or alongside with reticulans in UFO/Base missions).

4. Featuring more equipment with diffirent properties. In example, diffirent ammo types for already existing guns, new weaponry, armor and medicals...

5. Featuring slightly enhanced graphics.

6. More friendly reticulans, appearing after "Successful contact with Old Greys" as recruits.

Plus

7. Maybe a new mission types like alien's ground assaults or ambushes. About ambushes... Technically it might be tipical "kill 12 cultists to win" but with a specific map layout like a street with a blocked convoy of jeeps and trucks on it. Player starts around the convoy, and the enemies are sticking close to it. Or vice versa. Why not? We're going in for a war, don't we? The convoy protection missions may appea on player-owned territory, and the ambushes - in the outer lands.

Well, I think, that's all I'd like to seein UFO Mod. Once again, sorry me for my terrible English.

• 1 year later...