Biomass problem

Aevum

I have the punctilious opusit problem. I got the not way bak, but i hvet got any biomass. A Im at day 65 and my bases are starting to crumble. Howe do i get a mission on the biomass. I lost to fiter sqadrons and i didnt get any rescue mission, and i got no investigation mission of the UFO i Shoot down.

Is ther a quik way to get the biomass sample?

I have a very big problem. I started to lose bases because of the biomass (I guess I lost almost 10 bases) and I can't get new ones because the biomass. I researched the biomass and that's it. How do I research bases with anti-biomass system. How can I fight the biomass (except for those mission in the biomass, which do almost nothing)

Thank you

1. Same here...

I keep on losing bases to the Biomass, I keep on shooting down planters and going on the retrieval mission afterwards, I keep on going on missions to retrieve transgeants, and I even go on mission "to attack the biomass" but those seem to haven no effect...

What am I missing here???

2. Is it possible to capture a watcher alive?? Because I don't know how, I always have to kill it before it stops attacking me !!!

3. Is it possible to pick up a jammer?? Even after dropping al my weapons the jammer, muckstar, ... and all the big things won't fit in my hands????

Can anyone help me??

Why would you want to pick up a jammer? Couldn't you just kill the required number of enemies to win the mission?

The best way to get a bionode (ive found) is to watch a planter take off from a alien base, and then shoot it down. If you can follow it, you know it hasn't planted its node yet. Thats what I do and it works every time for me.

I have never been able to capture certain transgenants alive either (such as man-o-war, watcher, balloon fish.) Is there any way to do it?

The missions in the biomass don't really do much, except when it says that there is a bionode there, then if you win the mission, the biomass cluster will become vlunerable to anti-biomass bases.

• 2 months later...
As far as I figured the biomass out, you have to have one mission in biomass to be able to reasearch it (mine was rescuing a shot down pilot). Then you have to shoot down planter (that was immediately after the shot down pilot), and to combat biomass you have to research psi weapons principles. You start beating biomass then. But some parts of biomass won't dissapear, you have to get a mission "a biomass node has been spotted in this area" to kill it. All the biomass around it dies then, very quickly.

• 4 months later...

All you need is the following:

1) One or More Biomass Sample(s)

2) A lot of willing scientists, ie, around 7 Sci Bases (yep... I had about 1/2 of the Earth in my late Easy Europe game.)

3) A good smattering of Engineering Bases, again, seven or so to speed it along.(These are essential for manufacturing extra equipment, as well as producing beta-biomass repulsors)

4) Some bases near the Biomass. (Risky I know, but I was fighting a no-mans-land battle with most of Far-East Asia with two or three Anti-Biomass bases)

5) Extensive Knowledge of Psi.

6) Not sure if this is true or not, but to go to a Biomass Node and win a mission there.

And voila. You -should- be able to build Biomass Repulsors. If not, check R&D, and check under Manufacturing for "Biomass Repulsors".

I noticed one nifty thing. If you can, get a "good" guy with an HMG and Powerarmor on top of a hill. Good ol' Brian Rowley was taking apart Muckstars and Man o' Wars, etc. from halfway across the map, WITHOUT a hacked save game.

And one more thing. If you look around in the biomass site, there are sometimes crashed UFO's. And another thing? The Pilot's Pod is broken open. As far as I know, the Aliens can -never- leave that pod.

To capture Muckstars, etc., just knock 'em out (gotta be lucky) and finish the mission. Viola, live Muckstar. I don't want to know how the hell they keep those things contained on a Chinook though.

• 5 months later...

I've just started the game and I'm currently at the point where I get some research items with the "biomass sample" thing but of course I can't research them cause I haven't got any biomass sample yet. I'm getting kind of worried though as it's been a while that I'm waiting for it and nothing about biomass has popped up yet. This and the Project Dreamland archives. I have researched everything else I could so far. Do I have to do anything in particular so they'll show up or I'm just toο impatient for the games taste? :rolleyes:

Thanx for any imput.

It will take quite some time for the biomass to reach a decent size depending on where the nodes get planted. The larger the biomass the more likely the chance of getting a pilot rescue mission or ufo recovery mission on it. There doesn't seem to be any specific retrieve biomass sample mission, even tho a lot of us wished for one.

• 1 month later...

Yeah. I lost a handful of bases before I managed to do some UFO related mission there... either pilot recovery or ufo recovery.

Another method is to have a random mission pop up near the edge of biomass, then wait until it engulfs it. I tried this three times and evey one the CoE troopers did it for me with the 'nook en route :rolleyes: