Rocket launcher in Ufo:AM

DarkWolf

Well i got the perfect team in ufo AM... 6 rocket launcher and 2 sniper... so cheap and so easy ...

rocket launcher is just a no need in this game. Do you see any tank ? any robot you cannot hurt with your normal gun? and what about the semi automatic alien rocket launcher ... my guys at super-heroic is shooting faster than any sniper

haha post your comment i want to know if i am alone to think that!

:blink:

The aliens should have some weapons that can hurt you in mid and late game. If you reach a point where you are defeating them effortlessly in each mission, you will soon get bored with the game. This way, we may get angry and frustrated but nobody has complained that the Russian base mission or the Retributuin mission is boring.

Instead of using a patch to weaken the alien missile launcher, I would prefer to see my squad start a mission spread out a bit. That would eliminate the possibility of the ENTIRE squad being wiped out by three missiles fired at the same time as soon as the mission starts, which is the main problem everybody has with the Russian base mission.

The advanced alien plasma gun is far more dangerous to my squad than the alien rocket launcher.

Well there is something they could make. Do you remember when you were playing ufo and tftd? the transport ship were on the map and he protected you from getting fired from too much alien!

maybe if they had this ... this could be better, but for realistic i know that if the chopper take some alien missile she will not fly anaymore.. :blink:

yeah you are right. Th major problem is that we were all waiting for a x-com style. But this game is like but only for the geoscape. Because when i was playing x-com ufo 1-2 i was playing like 4 hours a day and always wanted more ... more option .. the terror mission was so cool! and now they just made a new kind who ( for me) is not was i was waiting for... thats all..

Yes they could change it all but i dont think they will do.

Another point is that the turn by turn mode is no more available...

You dont have tank ... and the alien take like 10 shot or more to kill... remember when an alien were taking more than 3 shot , you were just like : What the %$#?

Now all you can do is load and reload your game because you got mind controlled or your team blowed up by an automatic rocket launcher..

Now if you ask me why i keep playing.. its because i hope that one day, someone will make a good mod or if they make an expansion pack.

RL are tough but OK with me. My technique is, ASAP, to run everyone to the back of the screen and spread them out. If I'm (we're) in a "corner" start, I have my "excellent" mobility people run on the edges of of the tac area to draw the fire and scoot out of its way. Also, if you can kneel some units behind trees (spread out too), they don't get seen or shot at as much. It's not perfect but sometimes it works great. I'm playing normal mode and maybe this won't work as well in hard?

My worst nightmare is in mountainous terrain. The aliens can take cover (and only 1-2 units can return fire) and you can't even get your team close enough to the cliff face to keep from getting blown away! Sometimes I, um, er, delegate these cans of worms. ???

In the alien ships, I have my fastest/best dodger soldier come up to a corner, run out one space, and run back, then go out 2 spaces, etc.. If there's an alien, he has a good chance of ducking back w/o getting hit. If a rocket comes, he can usually get away with little or no damage. I try to set up rocket launcher. grenade ambushes and time things to explode just before the "chasing" alien turns the corner. If that doesn't work, I have a couple of psiops soldiers with psi-projectors take control, have them drop their weapons and walk into our midst, then kill them when they wake up.

Hope you find this interesting. Not trying to brag. :angel: I don't reload a lot. Well, you know that's Bull S__. Too bad we don't have a "load saved game" in real life! Best wishes, SerAris

I vote for not removing the rockets but simply give all the rocket launchers a whole map distance. By saying all i mean all human and alien. If it was done like this then at least this aspect of the game would be balanced :blink:

Maybe mind controll should be removed?