DeathBellow

DarkWolf

Well, deathbellow are really BAD ennemy. Maybe you should reduce the rate of fire and the range of this unit. I dont know how they manage to send insects at the right location on the right spot ... but they always destroying all my team even if i run.

So reduce the damage, the rate of fire and the range, but put this thing with a tracking. So they will deal some damage and never miss but not enough to kill a man in 1 shot.............. :blink:

As in real combat, "don't bunch up, one round will get you all". Have your fast people scout and run away. Spread out, you can kill the DBs with sniper rifles. When you see the little buggies coming at your shooter, run out of the kill zone. Have someone else shoot. When THEY get fired at, you switch who runs/who shoots.

If you're initially too close, go down the street and come at the DB on a long axis. Another tactic on a long street: get your heavy weapons set up behind your runners and paste the DB from long range.

NEVER move all 7 soldiers together when rounding a corner or opening a door. If there's a DB or Blow fish around/behind it, you're toast.

My usual tactic for taking out DB is running as fast as possible with one guy while other 2/3 guys shoot from afar. but even so chances of dying are quite high. If you are lucky you can approach them from behind the cover of some sort and lobe few (okay, not so few) grenades at them.

Also I think that most snipers have longer range than DB. sometimes i managed to get out of range and simply blast them off without any problem.

Haven't tried the following tactic, just run as fast as you can TOWARDS the DB. Get so close that the insects would damage dB. As far as I managed to see, both transgenants and aliens that carry splash weapons (rocket launchers and plasma guns) won't fire at you if you are standing next to them. Perhaps DB won't either. It's fun to watch aliens moving away from you while you empty your magazine into him.