Pilot N Aircraft Management

Viperace

Hi ppl, just started the game last nite. Well, this is an addictive game, i m not gonna compare it with the previous X-com game...this game is not a successor to x-com, too bad... nevertheless, still enjoyable

Ok back to the question..

I notice a few funny things:

1) When u rescued a pilot, he has stats( dex,agi...) , however, u cant make use of him,cos he aint part of ur team. Question??? :blink:

Why put stats on the pilot if it is meaningless, maybe the better stats means increase chance of UFO downing??

2) U got unlimited supply of aircraft, but would someone kindly tell me when is the last time u hit the "Retreat" button while u r intercepting a UFO...

;) Well if u got unlimited aircraft, u don mind them being blasted, why retreat?

The "retreat" button in the interception screen is ...... not much of use?

Please correct me if i m wrong, cos i m still new to the game...

Back in xcom, u always retreat ur interceptor if they r being damage, cos u dowanna waste 10 days n tons of resource to build a new one.Ops :o sorry for bringing Xcom back again.

The pilot stats are to do with how good he is in ground combat only, in the same way as the members of your squad. They are only used if you are on a rescue downed pilot mission and your team makes contact with him before you kill all the enemies. Once you have rescued him, he goes back to flying fighter craft.

UFO interceptiopns work the same way as in the first X-COM game - there are no individual pilot stats.

As long as at least one of your fighters is still flying, you can press the retreat button, however it takes time to get away from the UFO, and your pilots may be unable to escape.

As the game progresses, you may find that you do not have the ability to shoot down all the UFOs that appear, in which case you will need to decide which UFOs are important and which ones can be safely ignored.

I sometimes find it optimal to do two quick, easy missions before flying back to base for re-supply. Once, I wound up rescuing a pilot then immedietly flying to another mission. I was a little suprised to find that the pilot decided that he'd come along for the fun, instead of hanging out in the Chinook like I would have done.

I wonder how many pilots it would be possible to collect? :blink:

Oh i c, thanks dude

After 10 hours of gameplay i still havent actually "rescue" a pilot... I did win the rescue pilot mission, by eliminating all alien though....

Hmm, nice suggestion there, lets try out how many pilots we could bring along :blink:

Wait!! We r limited to take 6 man to the rescue pilot mission only(instead of full 7), so i wonder if tat will work. After u rescue the first pilot, ur chinook will be fill with 7 man, n thus no longer possible to take another rescue mission rightaway...

Can still try :angel:

I hit the retreat button often in the beginning of the game because of these reasons.

1. Failed interception missions. Reduce influences of that zone.

2. Base down time.

3. Troublesome rescue mission

Here is what i do.

1. Our Fighters always got the first strike.

2. When I see that one alien fighter is down, i will hit the retreat button many time until it is done. Sometimes they make it sometimes do not.

The stats for the pilot are for that rescue mission so the player knows what he is capable of.

The retreating of fighters I have done, since when even early in the game, the amount of hours to replace the jets takes longer each time.

72 hours is a long time in this game to get the base up and running again, which can be found out by clicking on the base.

When both military bases are out of action, then UFO go all over the place, but the Planter is the one that seeds the biomass. A jet fighter can also land at another base, if clicking on the base before it was going back to its original base (which will be waiting for additional fighters) and may make the unit complete so a base can have enough jet fighters to launch again.

So retreating is an option especially when after one jet has been shot down.

The time for replacement keeps going up, it seems to me, so far in the game.

And the UFO's and aliens keep on coming.

In fact it is possible to go to mission to mission by clicking on another mission after leaving with the chopper from a mission, by clicking on the next mission the player wants to go on, without stopping back at the military base, provided the player thinks that he can do that. That probably also means that squaddies who should be in sick bay, may end up being in sick bay even longer than before, after going out on another mission and shot again.

It is up to the player to decide all of that, as well, as when the biomass will start kicking the player for not being able to shoot down a Planter UFO.

That is what the player decides in the game. Also with reasearch and engineering also, or what the base should be as to type.

And the pilot when rescued will be on an additional mission if not stopping back at the base, with no armor, and no weapon save a handgun. I have done that, but kept the pilot out of the action by him being behind cars and such to protect him.

As the one person said, if only one soldier you have six other slots available.

The rescue a pilot mission came up in the first place, by having a fighter shot down.

That is when they will appear, and if over water, the pilot is lost, and can not be rescued, and a 'x' marks the spot in the water where one person was wasted and can not help in the game anymore.