How To Capture A Live Transgenants?

volkansubasi

Hello to all.

I'm confused about capturing a live transgenant, mission objective says that I should carry it by hand. However when you shot one down before it dies, the game dont let you carry it unless its dead :blink: So what do I wrong? If I kill it, I can carry it, but its DEAD. On the other hand, you cannot carry all the creatures, some of them quiet big to carry? How can we carry the big ones?

Anyone could help me about this please?

Thank you for your helps.

Apparently you can only pick up disabled (live) transgenant if they're small. The larges ones cannot be picked up nor can you walk onto them. I sugges that you find a small transgenant, disable it and walk up an ON to it by giving the order (M)ove, go into the invertory view and pick it up as a normal item but. However you can only carry it in your hands. Voila! You have yourself a live transgenant in your hands. Happy hunting!

/h0mbre :blink:

Do what above poster said...disable and force "move" onto alien....only small aliens can be picked up.

You can go around and kill all the aliens on the map...leaving one wounded and disabled...and still win the mission.

And remember a guy/gal carrying an alien is a sitting target...awful speed.

The alien can only be picked up from one of the sides. The other sides will still target him, so most of the time either at the feet or at the head, depending on the alien, but only one side out of the four.

Just some more humor in the game.

How do you want me to pick up this alien, whatever it is thing here??

:blink:

The player has to find the right side of the square to be able to enter into the square without targeting the alien to act like shooting it again.

Just noticed that, as I must have picked up one before, but been on the correct side. And only the small ones.

It is funny to watch your squaddie, lift it up and adjust the alien on his/her shoulder.

;)

Now what?

More orders?

Nailed that one!

wot a load of twoddle

whe the alien is stunned use the keyboard key to move onto the alien (if youtry that with the mouse you will shoot it). when you on top of it go to your inventory and put ypu gun in your pack and lift the sucker. BTW one guy was correct the speed you can move while carrying an alien is crap.

Ohh and I only know this becuase I asked the same question weeks ago, and some nice bloke told me how to do it. :alien2: :blink:

With the mouse that is the way that it happened, as I just did one. Maybe it depends on the alien since both that I picked where different.

It may depend on camera angle also, but I can not really see that, and that is the way that it happened.

I know, because I just went through it with patch 1.2 version.

And it may depend more on which alien, but on the one side, it would not target the alien whether I had a weapon or not in the hands. No weapon, and it would report that my squaddie had nothing to shoot it with.

And I was trying from mostly the overhead view, zoomed in, all ways, and camera angles.

The game would not do it, and from one side, it would. Perhaps, it is something else, but I walk around that alien first, because with the mouse, all it would do is target it. Or esle it is too fine a movement for the mouse, whatever it is, that is what happened.

Okay I see now where the mouse is postioned determines whether the alien is targeted or moved onto. To move onto the alien move the mouse cursor off to the side and not center onto the square moving into. If centered with the mouse cursor, then the alien will be still a target to kill!

Oh, well!~

:blink: