Taking Bases In Biomass Area

Kallepocket

I wonder whether it's completely useless to take a base mission in a biomass area (except for the exp perhaps), or if it's just me?

I've read here at the forum that some have got to keep the base and being able to do a Anti-Biomass base of it, but I've never experienced that?

I've tried all different combinations, i.e. letting CoE troops taking it, alien base vs. normal base etc.... no difference, it always gets destroyed by the biomass directly.

Any tips/comments?

If you have the 1.2 patch, the base will automatically turn to anti-biomass (it will then be saved.)

Pre 1.2 patch you had to turn it to a anti biomass base manually (when the game was paused or you would lose it.)

Edit: Immediately after you captured it (when game was still paused) you must turn it to an anti-biomass base.

If you have any version prior to 1.2, the bases in the biomass you capture will be INSTANTLY destroyed. When you go back to the Geosphere after the mission, not even the base icon shows in the place and you immediately get the "Base lost" message, even if during the first second in the Geosphere after the mission the game is paused.

Not always true. As Facehugger said, there were times with 1.1a (3 times, IIRC) that I managed to change the base to anti-biomass in time. Not that that matters now as presumably everyone here is using 1.2.

One thing though. Have they really changed it so that you get to keep the base in 1.2? I thought that they were going to remove base missions in the biomass, or at least ensure than you didn't keep it.

I am positive that they have made it so that bases turn into anti-biomass as soon as captured (when in the biomass obviously.) There was a base mission in cairo and one in southern russia/middle east (the biomass was covering all of asia and africa in my game) and when CoE troops resolved the missions for me I found that my bases had started as anti biomass. My bases survived.