Which is better for xp, incapacated or dead?

Guest rkaye

I often incompacitate the aliens; should I be finishing them off (dead)? Does it affect experience points (XP) if they are incomp/dead at the end of the level?

It'd be interesting for someone to map out the XP worth of each type of alien, incompacitated and dead...

dunno.. I slightly experimented with it-

when mission was accomplished, I searched out a disabled alien, saved and exited... looked at the exp points.

then I loaded, killed that alien and looked at exp points... and voila! number has increased!

very little, but still increased. Now I'm doing mercy shots to every alien I dont want alive. :alien2:

Indeed - my brother tries to go to every mission he possibly can - he actually went out with a fourman squad once when three eparate groups of interceptors were downed and picked up three pilots before returning to base... No amount of washing powder will remove the green bloodstains ;)

It may only be a little extra, but it soon adds up, so it's well worth it... unless you're short on ammo :withstupid:

For maximum experience I'm supposed to incompacitate the aliens, switch to a psi weapon, empty the psi weapon into the incompacitated alien, then finish them off with a bullet to the head?